PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Story - Before & After Pics (56k danger)

SrvZro
07-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Before:
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20glimer.jpg

http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20palm-trees.jpg
Now, the bad news.... This car was stolen from me this weekend. Some punks took it right from out of my drive way. It happened late Saturday night. I wake up Sunday, go outside and notice that my baby is gone!

I walk back inside, see that both sets of keys are still hanging ... now at this point I was just in shock. It took about a day and a half for me to really feel sick/homicidal about it. There is no hope of insurance covering damages because all I had on the car was liability. So I already know that rims, and the Pioneer stereo & speakers are gonna be the first things gone.

Well, this morning (Tuesday) I get a call from the cops saying that they picked up the car. They found it less than 5 miles from my house. And the sad part is that it was right around the corner from the main County Sheriff building. I'm still waiting on getting the full police report for more detail.

So, here are the impound pictures...
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20front.jpg
The entire area below the body molding around the car was sanded.
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20rear.jpg
Here you can see where they started to paint the car white. They taped it off and still over sprayed like crack heads.
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20driver-side.jpg
Wheel locks are gone, but rims still there. They popped the lock for the trunk and gas tank and raped the trunk.
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20inside.jpg
Whole bottom of steering colum is trashed. They stole the seat covers but left steering wheel cover, & shifter parts alone.
http://www.flyingtitan.com/89accord/pics/small%20engine.jpg
Engine was left alone. I drove it home from the impound lot and it still cruised like a champ. Now my problem.... When I left it idleing .... it overheated. Spilling antifreeze and boiling. Havn't gotten a chance to look and see what the problem is. I never had a overheating problem before. But I know that they were riding the hell out of it because the front wheels had brake dust that was almost caked on.

Sad part is I don't know if I'm gonna want to keep it. Inside isn't trashed all that bad, but they didn't catch whoever it was that stole it. So it kinda makes me feel like a marked 3gee.

Just a warning, to get the club for you car. A fuel cut off switch is also a good thing. All I know is that Mr. Earl Scheib (http://www.earlscheib.com/default2.asp) is gonna be getting some money from me.

Busted_Blue
07-13-2004, 11:29 PM
damn thats a sad sad story. I hope you find the fuckers that did this! Thats even messed up they tried to spray paint your car. let us know the details on how things go with the report. Best wishes to you.

SteveDX89
07-14-2004, 02:15 AM
I hate thieves. I hope they get caught and you can beat them with a stick or something.

shepherd79
07-14-2004, 03:28 AM
don't buy steering wheel club, they are useless. all you have to do is cut the steering wheel, bend it and it will come out.
if you want cheap protection, you should get this http://www.hi-powerlock.com/cgi-bin/getprod?home=nicename&prodid=p008&lang= you can't steal something you can't start or drive.

bullard123
07-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Man sorry to hear that, but you are very fortunate. The car is still in really good shape. All it really needs is another paint job. If you are still planning on selling it you probably would get what you want for it.

PortugalFocus
07-14-2004, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry man, it's like beiong voilated. Hope you catch them bastards.

blazin3gen
07-14-2004, 05:17 AM
holly shit bro,

and its a CA car!! should i be worried :(

keruhas184
07-14-2004, 05:39 AM
<snip>if you want cheap protection, you should get this http://www.hi-powerlock.com/cgi-bin/getprod?home=nicename&prodid=p008&lang= you can't steal something you can't start or drive.

Does this thing really work? How about their hand brake/shift lock? How easy is it to circumvent those things?

nswst8
07-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Now, watch for them again. thieves are stupid thinking that that they can do it again you will probably have a good chance at getting even.
Think of it as a compliment your ride was so irristable they couldn't help them selfs.
Beleive me theives are stupid in general my brothers were always getting into some kind of shit and bringing it home, Thing is they showed the assholes where they lived. So I would camp out on the roof with a high powered pellet riffle and wait for them to come back I never had to wait more than a few nights and revenge was mine. well word got out not to fuck with this house.

shepherd79
07-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Does this thing really work? How about their hand brake/shift lock? How easy is it to circumvent those things?

yeap, the design works great. i am not sure about the quality.
i know they have better one, i just have to look for it. give me a day and i will find it.

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 07:01 AM
that's messed up, at least you got your car back.
seem's like what spooked them was when it did overheat.
which is a good thing on your half. but simple a thermostat prob, or fan.
what is even stupider is when they tried to spary your car.
make it look like it was'nt your's.
but remember what goes around come's around 3x's harder, so those fucker's are gonna get it either way . . . .

SrvZro
07-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone for looking on the positive support. And the problems with the car could be alot worse like you guys have been saying. I had big plans for the car. I have Se-i rear disks conversion that i was planning on putting in. Also my neuspeed springs and Tokico shocks. All those things were safely locked in the garage. I was planning on putting everything in at the end of the month! But right now I'm kinda wanting to to not look like refried :rice:

I'm going to look the car over tonight in detail. Also, keep posting lil bits about good anti-theft stuff. And any stories about how you caught the crook. I can say that the number one think I'm gonna do is start locking my cars in the garage like i should of been doing. :uh:

carfreak
07-14-2004, 09:54 AM
man that sucks. that’s like one of my worst fears is getting my car stolen. Hey i heard from a friend of mine that some older preludes and he said it might be the same with our cars that its very easy to get in the car even when they are locked. Supposedly he said that all you have to do is shove some skinny object down the driver window and it will push some unlocking mechanism and the car is now unlocked. He learned this when he accidentally locked his keys in the car and he called a locksmith and the locksmith just told him what i said. However his car was an older prelude but he said he thinks its the same for ours. I don’t know if this is true though. Hope you can fix up your ride just like it was :sad2: .

iron
07-14-2004, 10:43 AM
man that sucks. that?s like one of my worst fears is getting my car stolen. Hey i heard from a friend of mine that some older preludes and he said it might be the same with our cars that its very easy to get in the car even when they are locked. Supposedly he said that all you have to do is shove some skinny object down the driver window and it will push some unlocking mechanism and the car is now unlocked. He learned this when he accidentally locked his keys in the car and he called a locksmith and the locksmith just told him what i said. However his car was an older prelude but he said he thinks its the same for ours. I don?t know if this is true though. Hope you can fix up your ride just like it was :sad2: .

Actually the easiest way to get into an accord is to push a wooden wedge into the top of the door where it meets the roof and reach in with a hooked rod and pull up the lock button. I had a friend who has locked herself out of her 3g accord several times, well actually it was her dog who'd jump on the lock button after she left the keys in it.

I'd think some sort of ignition or fuel interrupt would be good way to go. Only problem being is you have to have it be hard enough to find to stymie a theif, yet easy enough to use that it wouldn't be a big pain for the owner.

If I come up with any "brilliant" ideas I'll post 'em :)

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 10:55 AM
that's what thier doing now, i'm gonna try, well using the coil.
it's a good one cause if someone break's it and able to bypass the starter and have it cranking and cranking, it's bound to get someone's attention, plus the alarm will go off too.

johndej
07-14-2004, 01:28 PM
yeah, that sounds like a good plan (the coil), shure to get someones attenction that things arn't quite right

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Dam that sucks.Im sorry to hear that.The good thing is you got the car back.I really dont think they will come back.There to stupid to go back.Look at the paint job they did.now tell me.Uhhh do you think they are that smart.I think you should come to our Los Angeles meet this weekend so we can all cheer you up.

steve-024
07-14-2004, 02:02 PM
sorry to hear man , always look on the brifhgt side of things tho , cause your wheels and even your motor could have been gone . 3 g's are some of the easiest cars to break into . at my wet grad all o us were pissed drunk and i had all my shit locked up so nothing could get broken into and then my dumb ass friend locks the keys in the trunk . so here we are pissed to the gills pulling on my window frame to slide a little thing down to lift the handle up and boom the door opens and next thing you knwo i got my keys back in my hot little hand . the main thing about this is we need to find a better way of locking the doors on the insoide so that its not so easy to break into them ............. anyone have any ideas ?????

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
well those rod, at the key hole.
get a keyless entry system, do it that way.
just do this side only.
since robber's seem to go to the driver side.
trunk thingy, get rid of that wire, and go electronic, have the system set up, where you can use the key's to open the trunk, but can't use the button unless the ingnition is set to on.
well our car's are easy to start due to the starter location, i say use the alarm, to disable the ignition module, cause they're gonna figure it out with the starter, so once they do and the mother fucker's keep cranking, and the alarm goes off, nothing but attention drawn to them.
plus hide the trunk switch somewhere that you'll find it.
alarm module should be where the beeper system is, instead of right beside or above the starter wire's, cause they'll rip it right out . .. . . . . . .

88accordhb
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM
man that really sux! that thing was beautiful. why are the bumpers all white?

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 06:02 PM
cause the dumbass robber's tried to make it look like it was thier's instead of his.

Justin86
07-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't understand why people do that shit, just take a car to fuck it uo then dump it off somewhere, for no reason at all. I can see a point in stripping a car for selling it but just to mess it up and leave it is lame. my frined had something similar happen to his 4G accord, but when it was dumped 3 days later it was still in good shape, just stole anything of value in it.

maxoutracer
07-15-2004, 04:57 AM
doesn't look at that bad to me... i dunno what's wrong with these theives? they take the car and started to paint it? wtf... why are they that fucking dumb! i bet someone trying to change the image of the car and swap the vin, so they can register under that vin. well it doesn't matter if they take the wheels or not since those are cheap ass fuck $150 on ebay brand new, haha... you can walk up to another accord, integra, civic, etc n open the door, fire it up n drive it away... all the honda/acura keys are about the same thing back in the late 80's... well time to get your self a alarm n autolock...

Slavic
07-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I wanted to order a few kits (http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?category=579&skinny=&logCookie=eb513287aa61edd89a2bcc4ddf57df8c&affiliate=&scope=shop&sc_qty888800044=1&sc_qty888800045=1&sc_qty1003701277=2&country=840&sc_recalc.x=57&sc_recalc.y=9&logCookie=eb513287aa61edd89a2bcc4ddf57df8c) from this AU company for a while. Maybe some people here will be interested in a group buy. First to list security products:

$23.78 Screecher Car Alarm MKII

Using an 'ear-piercing' piezo siren, this alarm will scare the pants off any would be thief. Unlike conventional car alarms, this unique design calls for the siren to be mounted inside the vehicle, the 'shrill' making it impossible for a thief to persist in stealing the vehicle or its' contents.

$23.78 Engine Immobiliser MK II

This Immobiliser repeatedly stalls the engine when a thief tries to start your car. The circuit allows the engine to start, but will stall the engine after about two seconds, giving them the impression that there is an intermittent problem. They should then move on to another car. An add-on project in Silicon Chip Jan ‘99 (KC5257) allows a keypad connection for disable. Kit supplied with PCB, plastic enclosure and all specified electronic components.

Also see The World's Best DIY Immobiliser (http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article.html?popularArticle)

The other kits I was interested in but need guidance with:

$39.72 Universal High Energy Ignition Kit

Boost performance and greatly reduce the need for expensive tune-ups. This versatile kit can be connected to conventional points, twin points or Reluctor ignition systems.

You could also replace the points altogether by using an optional hall-effect sensor (no longer available from us) to forever eliminate timing adjustments.

A 4 to 22V operating voltage, fixed 0.9ms spark duration and tachometer output are just some of the many features. A small investment that will pay for itself many times over. Kit supplied with diecast case, PCB and all electronic components.

$46.12 Programmable Electronic Ignition Kit

This programmable ignition timing module used in conjunction with our high energy ignition module KC-5247 allows you to program timing of engines with points, Hall effect or reluctor distributors well as many other features.

The programmable ignition was originally introduced in March 96 by Silicon Chip magazine and has proven to be a huge success. Because many revisions have occurred since its release, Silicon Chip has now re-written this article explaining clearer construction and connection, incorporating all of the past improvements.

Kit includes PCB, keypad, 7-segment LED display, pre-programmed microprocessor & all electronic components. Join the thousands that have benefited from this superior project.

$24.81 Rev Limiter / Gear Shift Indicator Kit

Refer Silicon Chip April 99. Reaching or exceeding the RPM ³red line² of your engine can cause severe damage. This rev limiter will restrict the RPM at an adjustable preset limit so that ³red line² will not be exceeded. Two lamps will illuminate consecutively before ³red line² and another when the limiter is activated. The rev limiter can be connected to 2 & 4 stroke engines with 1 to 12 cylinders and uses Hall Effect, points, low voltage signal reluctor or ignition coil to measure RPM.

$17.71 Quick Brake Light Trigger Kit

This brilliant module switches a relay when the throttle is being moved fast. It can sense either when the throttle is pressed down quickly (ideal for detecting when you’re driving hard) or when the throttle is lifted quickly. Use it to automatically switch an auto trans from economy to power modes, to trigger intercooler water sprays (you can turn on the spray just by blipping the throttle at the lights!), or to trigger electronically-controlled blow-off valves on quick throttle lifts. The sensitivity can be varied and the length of time that the relay stays on is adjustable from 1/10th - 100 seconds. Uses output of standard throttle position sensor. (Note this module is also known as 'QuickBrake'.)

And stuff I think would be usefull:

$19.85 Smart Fuel Mixture Display for Fuel injected Cars

This new 'smart' version a few additional touches such as auto dimming for night driving, emergency lean-out alarm, and better circuit protection. Another great feature is the 'dancing' display which operates when the ECU is operating in closed loop. Closed loop means that the air/fuel ratio is optimum for fuel economy and emission performance. Kit supplied with PCB and all electronic components.
* Car must be fitted with air flow and EGO sensors (standard on all EFI systems) for full functionality.

$17.71 Ultrasonic Proximity Detector

Commercial products that carry out a similar task are, in some cases, worth over $100. Use this kit as an excellent aid in parking you car or van. Choose the minimum distance you wish to maintain between your vehicle and objects nearby. Imagine - no more dented bumper bars and over the top repair bills! Useful at a distance of 10 to 80cm, the kit can also be used to sense animals straying into a particular area or even specific object security protection such as TVs and VCRs.