PDA

View Full Version : Car Wobbles at high speeds!

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Car wobbles when hit higher speeds. When i go about 70 and higher the back of my car starts to wobble and the stearing wheel shakes like crazy. do you know what the problem might be? :dunno:

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Ahhhh.car doesnt like to go fast. :kekeke:

HondaBoy
07-14-2004, 02:16 PM
could be a few things. your alignment could be off some, so you'd need to take it to a shop to get an alignment if thats the case. could be some bad ball joints. maybe some bad wheel bearings, if those were it you'd have an odd noise comming from the wheels as them moved, more so at high speeds. and the other thing i'd think is maybe your suspension needs some tightening. we used to have a porsche 944 that was somewhat unstable and wouldnt hold a strait line at high speeds. with a tightening of suspension bolts on links and other stuff that fixed it.

shepherd79
07-14-2004, 02:21 PM
since your back starts to wooble, it is your rims. they made figure 8 when they rotate.
i would recomend getting a new rim.
and for the steering wheel. well, you have few things you may want to check out.
first, upper ball joint. raise one side, grab the wheel top and bottom and try to move in and out. make sure you keep and eye or let somebody feel the ball joint. if it moves, you need a new one.
second, if the ball joint is good, and your wheel is still moving when you try to move in and out, your wheel bearing is cooked. you will have to get a new one and let the shop press it for you.
third, now grab the wheel on the left and right side of the tire and shake it, in and out. if it moves, you should feel it, your tie rods need to be replaced.
forth, your wheels may need to be rebalanced.

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 06:03 PM
i just got a new steel wheel on my right rear tire, and balanced, it helped a little bit, i guess ill just get the left one balanced and it will probably fix the prob. thanks