PDA

View Full Version : clear front turn sig covers help help

howndamane
07-14-2004, 12:58 PM
alright i messed up and bought the wrong front bumper signal clear covers, so instead of buyin the right kind im just wondering if the oven will work for my stock orange ones. i am talking about the taillight oven procedure, will it work for the front bumper turn sigs?

AccordAddict
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
what is the tailight oven procedure? whats the instructions?

HondaBoy
07-15-2004, 08:17 PM
wait, you have an '87 right? it has the screws that hold the lense on showing. i dont know exactly why you'd ask about the "tail light oven procedure". you dont need to hea the plastic to get it off if its an '87. you didnt really explain what you wanted to do, so more explanation would be helpful to us. the 86-87 sedan and 86-89 hb front bumper lights are a bit smaller than the 88-89 sedan and coupe lights. so, tell us what you are wanting to do. here's an idea of what you can do for clear bumper lights like i did.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=35944

blazin3gen
07-16-2004, 05:58 AM
let me brake it down to what he wants to say

he wanted to get the 88 89 lenses but instead (mistakenly haha cant spell :D) got the 86-87 lenses, so then so his question is can he stick his 86-87 lenses in the oven so he can peel the orange crap off of them since these arent as easy to make clear as the other ones....

my answer to your question is even if u got the 88-89 lenses u would need to convert your bumper to 88-89 style cuz the mounting on the lenses are different

if u werent askin that then im sorry i dunno wtf im talkin bout :D

howndamane
07-16-2004, 11:03 AM
i have an 87 sedan. i know the lenses come off and arnt connected to the housing, my problem is i bought the wrong housing not realizing that it wouldnt fit. my question is since those wont fit what can i do to get clears that will fit. i still have my stock covers, this is why i was asking about the oven. i thought that by using the oven the orange coating would peel off or something when you stuck them in the oven and put some heat to them. hondaboy what did you use to make urs? i think they look good but i wish i could get some like the ones i have, but just ones that fit. and i know about the bumper, im currently looking for an 88-89 front bumper so my housings will fit, and because my car was wrecked and one of my brackets on the old bumper is toast so the bumper is real loose.

accordlxi2.0
07-16-2004, 11:09 AM
well i had a 86, i was jealous of 88-89 cause of the bumber and grille everthing look better . . .
so i took the bumper turn signal's from a 88-89 cut them to fit, mines.
then i screwed them into the bumper, they looked good, they were brighter too.
i was gonna make them like park light/turn signal lights, those would've looked nice . . .