PDA

View Full Version : goddamnit

badmanferg
07-14-2004, 04:52 PM
hey, took my pioneer out of the 87lx before it got scrapped, was fine, tried putting it in to my 90lx and nothing....

actually, the head unit has power, but no sound, i checked all the connections an they're good to go?

anybody got any ideas?

btw the 4th gen rocks a 3gee, but i'll never love it as much as the junkbox...

badmanferg
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
update....

i hooked up my amp an box and the hu is fine w/ the rca cables....i searched an read a bunch of threads about pioneers an the internal amps goin banannas so im guessing you can chalk up another one for pioneer, im goin alpine or sony next time around....

Sabz5150
07-14-2004, 06:58 PM
I have a Pioneer amp and it serves me well. A friend of mine had a deck that lasted till his car died... he left it in there.

Alpine? Sheesh... don't waste yer money. Sure, they make some decent decks, but it's like buying a pair of Air Force Ones... you're buying a name.

Buy more features, not a fancy name.

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 07:23 PM
i had a pioneer i screwed it up, i did'nt know why till i remembered, at one time by accident i connect the remote turn on wire to the 12v on my jvc amp, which screwed it up, i don't know if it works now . . . . .

shepherd79
07-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Subz i would say you are paying for the brand name, but Alpine has more tunnig features than any other HU on the market.

HostileJava
07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Subz i would say you are paying for the brand name, but Alpine has more tunnig features than any other HU on the market.

I don't know about that, I havn't used one in a while but th Pioneer Premier Units have ALOT of features and equalizer settings.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-15-2004, 07:55 AM
i installed my ex's head unit and it worked for about 3 days then stopped. power turns on and everything but no sound either. pioneer blows

accordlxi2.0
07-15-2004, 08:11 AM
my mom has a pioneer mosfet 50x4 with ford/jbl stock speaker's.
and my dad has a 45x4 with nissan/clarion stock.
they had it for awhile.
i guess cause they have mosfet system is why it last longer than regular. . .

Ludi Mali
07-16-2004, 10:38 PM
one brand that i'll never leave even tho they have the barebones in onboard eq settings is eclipse. I can turn my deck to max volume and have 0 audible distortion, the last 2 decks i had (1 jvc and 1 pioneer) couldn't be turned more than 60-75% without distortion, and distortion has to be >10% to be heard. The way I always thought about the entire system was, the deck is like a diamond, and the amp is like the magnifying glass you use to look at it. The best magnifying glass in the world wont make a shitty diamond look good.