PDA

View Full Version : help asap!

howndamane
07-14-2004, 08:37 PM
my brakelights are on and wont turn off! only way i can keep from letting them kill my battery is to disconnect it but thats no good. someone help! ive checked the brake pedal makin sure its not stuck but it doesnt seem to be. i need my car tomorrow i HAVE to have it but i cant put up with this all day. someone help so i can maybe fix it in the morning before work!

89dxowner
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Under the brake pedal what makes the lights come on is a little button it should be pushed by the pedal up twards the top somewhere at least thats how it is on my truck. Never checked it on my 3g. But try to find that and make sure its not stuck.

howndamane
07-15-2004, 05:01 PM
well here we are thursday night. i still have this problem, i checked the little lever and what it pushes up but it seems to be moving smoothly. ive looked in the manual and played with some things but have had no luck. i think maybe i might have blown a fuse or something but i just dont know. if someone has had this problem plz let me know this is killing me its such a pain.

accordlxi2.0
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
the swicth internal's must be connecting but it look's fine on the outside.
try this, okay.
drive around, once you reach 35 and up try to use your cruise, if it does'nt work the switch is bad.
if it does theier's a short around outside the switch.

the torque converter clutch also depend's on the brake light switch.
oh wait you have a 87, for get the tranny thing . . . .

howndamane
07-15-2004, 05:18 PM
thanks man i hope that helps. im gonna try it out tomorrow im pooped right now. ill let you know tomorrow

accordlxi2.0
07-15-2004, 05:19 PM
all right good luck . . . .