PDA

View Full Version : Broken uper control arm

87accord
07-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Lucky i was only driving like 15 when my wheel went inward to car.I raised it up and saw that my ball joint thinge was out of socket and maybei need to replace uper control arms? Any idea on pricing at all?:mad: :rant:

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-21-2002, 11:50 PM
$67 from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com , $105 from your friendly Honda dealer, or there have been some one ebay lately for pretty cheap (around $35 or so, I think). Don't forget the castle nut and cotter pin

:)

OldSchoolSwap
07-22-2002, 05:10 AM
Make sure all your other joints are ok. Don't forget what I went through!
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1531

DanG86LX
07-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Had the same few months ago. Got the warning, that metallic ping, and the rubber boot was broken but I ignored it. :stupid:
I bought both rear upper arms ($107Can ~ $68US/each from H-dealer) although it turn out that on the other side where the boot was intact, the joint was quite good and tight. Definitely buy the castle nut and cotter pin!

87accord
07-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Sounds like parts prices aren't that bad. But, did you guys fix the problem yourself or take to a shop?
:stick:

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
07-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Do not buy the control arms from Ebay from a seller by the name of POKOMONDO. I paid $50.00 via Paypal and I haven't received diddly squat. Complete FRAUD!!! Buy them somewherelse other than from this seller on Ebay. Paypal was able to retrieve $10 for me but that is all. I've filled with the Ebay insurance service.

Claude

OldSchoolSwap
07-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
Do not buy the control arms from Ebay from a seller by the name of POKOMONDO. I paid $50.00 via Paypal and I haven't received diddly squat. Complete FRAUD!!! Buy them somewherelse other than from this seller on Ebay. Paypal was able to retrieve $10 for me but that is all. I've filled with the Ebay insurance service.

Claude
Sucks man! Thanks for the info.

monsonhonda
07-22-2002, 12:20 PM
my right rear upper control arm bushing thing is squeaking all the time now, it started like 2 days ago, it it the piece that goes fromthe upper control arm to the wall of the car, it hols the ball joint, and it is squeeking where it meets the car, at that rubber bushing, ive coated it with all sorts of lubricants but no luck. any ideas

OldSchoolSwap
07-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by monsonhonda
my right rear upper control arm bushing thing is squeaking all the time now, it started like 2 days ago, it it the piece that goes fromthe upper control arm to the wall of the car, it hols the ball joint, and it is squeeking where it meets the car, at that rubber bushing, ive coated it with all sorts of lubricants but no luck. any ideas
Replace the bushings and the control arm/balljoint. Strarts from $40 and up per side.

Sean
07-22-2002, 04:19 PM
well if yr lowering yr car or have lowered it goto the 2nd gen lude arms. im sure this is in the FAQ.