PDA

View Full Version : quick question about heads

smufguy
07-15-2004, 07:26 AM
A mod can delete or move or do whatever they want to this thread once i get some info out. I searched but nothing really came close.

My question is, is there any exhaust manifolds out there that can match up to ours? I know we gotta compare gaskets and its all it matters right? Im gonna head over to autozone and check out the exhaust gaskets real fast, but i wanted to get this thread up so that i can ask them for what cars i need em from. So that i dont stay there and be like, lemme see all the gaskets. :)

This is because, im left with no choice other than running log style manifolds cause im gonna run an external wastegate and Seans manifold needs an extra flange to be custom made to accomodate this. And his shit costs half a grand when i can get my log made, pretty decent $200.

So anyways, any similar head design from any car manufacturer, honda, toyota, ford, mitsu, mazda anything would be nice. Thanks fellas, Im sad that im limited with this shit :(

Robs89LXi
07-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Dude, for sure post what you find. I've even thought of taking a gasket to the ol' junkyard and trying it on for size, but have not had the time so far. I would be very interested in knowing though.

Justin86
07-15-2004, 09:41 AM
I heard somewhere that a DSM log manifold would work on the A20.

smufguy
07-15-2004, 09:57 AM
i dont want the log manifold and thats why im tryign to get the different style manifold from a different car that had aftermarket turbo support. Like the F22 or the h22 and what not. Im gonna head over to the autozone soon and let u guys know what i find out.

Justin86
07-15-2004, 10:28 AM
well with the equal lenght, they might put the turbo in the wrong location or rub against something, thats why this guy is using the log style.

AccordEpicenter
07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
I heard somewhere that a DSM log manifold would work on the A20.
Stop talking to your friends...

Ive looked for months and found nothing even close, dsms wont even be in the ballpark. BMC Racing made my exhaust flange CNC machined steel and it fits excellent... best $30 i ever spent