PDA

View Full Version : 88 motor/vac setup in 87 accord

iron
07-15-2004, 10:22 AM
In attempting to determine where the severed vacuum line on my cruise control module is supposed to go, I've reviewed every diagram I can locate. I finally found in the electronic shop manuals online at www.pauldesign.ru that my engine/vac setup is found in the '88 update. So I've got an 87 w/an 88 model engine? Anyone else run into this?

accordlxi2.0
07-15-2004, 11:35 AM
well do you have efi, or carb.
plus on the hood, should be a vacuum diagram.

what do ya mean, did you look at the 87 and 88 model's or what?

A20A1
07-15-2004, 04:49 PM
isn't their 87 our 88... or is japan the only early release country

iron
07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
well do you have efi, or carb.
plus on the hood, should be a vacuum diagram.

what do ya mean, did you look at the 87 and 88 model's or what?

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I've got an 87 lx, carbed 5 speed. I do have the vacuum diagram on the underside of my hood. (Photo of my hood decal http://web.bvunet.net/~iron/Vac.jpg)

I've been replacing rotten lines and I've been using it. Now I ended up cracking the control box and found lines it that needed replaced. I wanted to make sure that everything in there was hooked up right as there was evidence that it'd been opened before, because I'd already found disconnected and misrouted lines behind the carb.

I had downloaded the 87 supplement from pauls site but it didn't have my setup in it. So I figured I'd just pull the vac lines and live with it.

On digging around I found a severed line (approx half inch in diameter on the cruise control diaphram. It's an option I'd like to use so I went to paul's site w/ the online manual and looked in the 88 supplement trying to find info where the line might go on another model and there was my vacuum setup. The hose that's been cut and left hanging isn't on the diagram unfortunately.

The diagram matches exactly whats under the hood. Better yet there was a breakdown of how the control box is supposed to be routed, and yes there were misrouted lines in my box.

I was just kinda wondering what the deal was. My engine's setup (A20A1) is on pages 12-98 and 12-99 of the 1987 supplement posted here.
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual/62se321.pdf

I'm eagerly waiting on my 87 factory shop manual to arrive, but now I'm wondering if it's going to accurately cover my cars systems. Comments?

accordlxi2.0
07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
i had a chiltons, i think i still have it.
but it was confusing to me, till i figured it out . . .
i'm like damn and i thought ford was the one that depended on vaccum,lol . . but the cruise control line should leave from the acuator solenoid thingy, . .has a line then a check vavle then a rubber vac. line attach to a metal line then goes back to rubber line which attaches to a vacuum tree port on the driver side manafold.