PDA

View Full Version : Can I bypass this coolant hose???

soljaboy2000
07-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I know that there is coolant hose running through the intake manifold. I wanted to know can I bypass this hose to get somewhat cooler air?? And will it cause any problems?? If so, then how to go about bypassing it??

AccordEpicenter
07-15-2004, 05:34 PM
im running a bypassed intake manifold, tb and eacv valve, the only thing you cant bypass the coolant is for the Fast Idle valve... Its probably worth a few ponies.

shepherd79
07-15-2004, 05:34 PM
it is easy to by pass it, but since you still have all the vacuum lines, you will have problems with choke. the choke works of thermo vacuum switch which needs coolant.

soljaboy2000
07-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh..okay. The reason I ask because I'm getting slow acceleration response. I flipped the lid for a short and it improve a lot...so I thought it had something to do with the air flow. I have an almost new filter so its not that. I didn't leave the lid flipped because I dont feel comfortable with the carb sucking up all that hot air.

Strugglebucket
07-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey AccordEpicenter, how's that eacv behave with the coolant bypassed? Or do you not have it plugged in?

AccordEpicenter
07-16-2004, 01:08 PM
its plugged in but it doesnt have the coolant flowin in the bottom half... Ive been told that can give you a bouncing idle, but since ive always had a bouncing idle...idk