PDA

View Full Version : Big day tomorrow

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Got the LXi re-titled and registered with new tags today in NJ. Cost 99.50..good thing I brought a $100 with me. Ya get used to it here in New Joisey. Found out that this was a one owner car. Funny I didn't notice it and the owner never said anything???. Got home tonite and the Honda Accord Haynes service manual was waiting for me. Won an Ebay auction for a 1$ and shipping was $4.25 so for $5.25 I think I did OK.Tomorrow should really be the hilite though as I find out that putting my soon to be 17 daughter in the seat will almost double the auto insurance bill..great.. :sadwave: Will get to really drive the LXi though :)

nswst8
07-16-2004, 03:36 AM
One owner thats good news. Someone who holds onto a car that long did something right to take care of it. I'm not sure if you read the post on the Main fuel relay going out on these models its not a big fix but I keep a spare in the glove box. Haven't had to use it. The original lasted until about a year ago. The soder connections break loose and cause intermitent starting. You can resoder it or pick one up from the junk yard or $50 @ the dealer.
Were having a meet up here in Hartford, CT tomorrow not sure how far you are away but it looks like it will be a good meet. You are welcome to attend.
Talk with you later.

SteveDX89
07-16-2004, 03:48 AM
That's awesome news. Glad to hear you can finally enjoy it. My car was 2 owner before I got it but it still was in good shape. These things last forever.

88accordhb
07-16-2004, 10:17 AM
my car had one previous owner, old russian guy who never drove it, just let it sit and rot. first time i saw it, i was like "no way! that's the cleanest interior for a 15 yr. old car ever" so i had to buy it.

steve-024
07-16-2004, 11:03 AM
my car was passed down to me for FREE !! on my graduation from my granparents , they had it the whole time from 1987 i believe . the interior is in the same shape it was when it first came out of the dealer and the engine was perfect broken in for me as they never drove it over 80 at all . I got so lucky with this one !

accordlxi2.0
07-16-2004, 11:20 AM
not bad you guy's. i think my 86 lx was a frankenstien or something, cause the milege was rolled back, was involed in 2 accident's before me, sat for a year, without being moved, with ticket's piled up, i was the forth owner of it.

now my 88 i think i'm the 3rd owner of this one . . . . .

BoneStock
07-16-2004, 11:52 AM
One owner thats good news. Someone who holds onto a car that long did something right to take care of it. I'm not sure if you read the post on the Main fuel relay going out on these models its not a big fix but I keep a spare in the glove box. Haven't had to use it. The original lasted until about a year ago. The soder connections break loose and cause intermitent starting. You can resoder it or pick one up from the junk yard or $50 @ the dealer.
Were having a meet up here in Hartford, CT tomorrow not sure how far you are away but it looks like it will be a good meet. You are welcome to attend.
Talk with you later.

There's a guy on ebay that sells them for about $20. That's where I got mine. He ships quick too, but he's not so good about communication.

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Well the big day went pretty good until we went to my parents house. Their driveway is about on a 45 degree angle. We parked in the driveway and later tried to restart the LXi and all it did was crank and seemed to not be getting gas. So I let the car roll down the hill. Once on a flat surface it started right up. Maybe the fuel ran back to the tank from the line?? Weird..bad check valve? Anyway the LXi ran great and handled great. Of course my daughter was driving because she has her permit. A couple stop heres,a couple get in this lanes,a couple you can slow downs,a couple you can go a little fasters . ..I need a beer or 12!!! :cheers: All in all I am very happy with the car and so is my daughter. Just don't park on a hill!!!!

accordlxi2.0
07-16-2004, 05:39 PM
or 5 forty ounces :rockon: :cheers: :cheers: