PDA

View Full Version : Under Dash Lighting

HondaBoy
07-15-2004, 08:55 PM
well, i have always seen other cars with lights under the dash that shine on the floor. i'd wanted to have that in my 3gee for a while. i've see some people put neon lights, even small florescent lights under there. looked ok. i went and got some LEDs at Autozone because they were on sale. i tried them out for underlighting, but nah, they dont shine in a wide enough area to be good for under the dash. too those out today and did what i was going to do a while back. i had some parts from some old tail lights. they are the parts from the trunk lights that hold the back up light and the tail light bulb. i figured out how i'd get it done right. i found that i could attach it under there with a bolt that was already in the fire wall. i'll take some pix of where it was later on. anyway, i did a little cutting of the pieces i was putting under there. i wired it up so i could turn them on with a switch and they have a cigarette lighter plug in so they can plug into the 4 plug addapter hidden under the dash. i put the switch inside the armrest, hidden. i used some 1156 bulbs in there. they dont get too hot, but i will add a little shield of some kind probley because i wouldnt want someone to burn their feet or something. lol. anyway, those lights shine really well, even in the day light you can see them. i'll post up some pix when i get some. i got them completely wired up at the last second so no pix yet. now i will have to find somewhere else to put those LEDs i bought. probley in the fog lights, maybe in the interior, i dunno but i'll think of something as always. have any of y'all done the dash underlighting?

AccordAddict
07-15-2004, 09:06 PM
yeah i have dash underlighting. neon purple lights connected to a 3 socket cigarette adapter thingy. it already has a swtich on it but im thinking of hardwiring my neons and my radar detector behind the center console and have a switch going to both.

soljaboy2000
07-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I have a couple look on my cardomain page...only 4" ones

train
07-16-2004, 09:18 AM
:sad2: