PDA

View Full Version : how much should i pay?

SMILEY
07-22-2002, 02:34 AM
I plan on doing all the body work, sanding, and primer work on my car. I want to take it somewhere to have it painted a pearl black. How much should i pay for just the paint and labor to paint it (remember i did all the prep work/taping) any input would be appreciated.

Chubs87Accord
07-24-2002, 12:00 PM
probably around 300 depending on where you go

Mike89Accordcom
07-24-2002, 01:33 PM
haha $300. More like $800-1100 for a good one, even if you prepped it.

87Hybrid
07-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Most shops wil re do most of the prep work as they cannot garentee the paint job unless they know that it was prepped properly.

Magny
08-20-2003, 09:29 PM
:werd:

kicker1_solo
08-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by 87Hybrid
Most shops wil re do most of the prep work as they cannot garentee the paint job unless they know that it was prepped properly. True. My shop won't guarantee our paint job if you do all the prep work and sometimes even if you provide the paint. Cause if you prep your car and then we paint it and you can see the lines where the bondo is and the paint won't stick because you primed the car with aerosol cans you're not gonna be too happy, and neither are we. But anyways, let's say you're a professional and know what you're doing but just don't have the paint guns to do it yourself and you want us to do it and we trust that you did everything right, like Mike89Accordcom said, around a grand. But this is coming from a true shop that doesn't give out shit paint jobs, I'm sure you could get it for much less if you go to your cousin's brother-in-law's uncle George to have it done.