PDA

View Full Version : Help with mystery hoses

iron
07-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Now that I seem to have replaced every inch of rubber tubing on my accord (87 lx a20a1 5spd carb) I've found two lines that I should probably replace. One is on the back of the fan on the passenger side of the car. It's about a half inch in diameter plain black hose, it hooks into a black box thing on the back of the fan, no idea what it is or what it's supposed to go to, any ideas?

The other is one of the small vacuum lines that festoon the engine compartment, the fun part is it's connected to my tranny, it's got a metal restrictor stuck down inside the hose and it looks as if it was pulled off something as the end is expanded bigger than the rest of the host, darned if I can find what it's supposed to go to.

I've been through my haynes manual and the electronic shop manuals online and haven't had any luck locating what these might be. I'm starting to think that the shop that rebuilt my tranny just cut any line that was in their way under the car. Sigh

I found a pic in the factory manual that shows where the line's plugged into the transmission but it's not labeled.

http://web.bvub.net/~iron/tranline.jpg

A20A1
07-17-2004, 12:35 AM
radiator fan? that is supposed to be short as a drain

A hose on the transmission is a breather hose I believe... it doesn't connect to anything but the trans

iron
07-17-2004, 11:10 PM
radiator fan? that is supposed to be short as a drain

A hose on the transmission is a breather hose I believe... it doesn't connect to anything but the trans

To drain what exactly? It's not connected to the radiator itself but runs out of a black box mounted in the center of the fan shroud behind the fan. I'll just have to get some pictures I guess.