PDA

View Full Version : pump good,new cutoff relay, still no gas up front

jigga225
07-17-2004, 05:29 AM
whasup all,
I'm havin a problem with the car again.......
I was drivin one day and it just cut off on me
so i pull the fuel line and crank, no gas comes out...
so i check the fuel pump with hotwire....fuel pump works
then i get cutoff relays from junk yard (3) exchange them with mine, and still no gas comes to the front through the fuel line when i crank..

the only way i'm driving now is with a hot wire to the fuel pump... it gets along fine like that....
but what else could be wrong?? why isn't my pump coming on??

86LXItooFAST4me
07-17-2004, 05:40 AM
check all your fuses under dash and hood, id even test them.

there is a FP relay and there is also a fuse for the relay. the fuse goes out and the relay doesnt work. i bet thats it.

shepherd79
07-17-2004, 05:55 AM
did you check the fuse?

jigga225
07-17-2004, 07:55 AM
yeah i checked the fuel pump fuses, guess i'll go check all the other ones now......

the relay fuse, is it under the dash? I tried the one that says "fuel pump" but there's a separate one for just the relay you say???

tatmark1
07-17-2004, 08:01 AM
mine done the exact same thing. driving to the gym and the bitch died. i changed the pump in a parking lot and nothing.i never did dig into it as i have other cars, i hva my accor completely stripped right now, getting red of all the stupidextra shit. i hope you find it as i want to knoew

accordlxi2.0
07-17-2004, 08:01 AM
you know by your seat thier's a connector harness the pin might be bad from thier, i 'mean sice you checked the fuses, and the pump is fine, the only it work's is if you hot wire it.
either that connector came loose,bad ecu, or thier's hi resistance in the wire some where, but i doubt that one . . . .

86LXItooFAST4me
07-17-2004, 08:42 AM
i dont know if its a fuse specifically for the FP relay but i know the FP relay is on a circuit with one of the fuses. get on of those fuse testers from walmart or autozone or something. its like $2 and it comes with more fuses. i bet its a fuse.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-17-2004, 11:10 AM
and hey man, i get off at 3pm today if you want me to meet you some where and put our heads together. hit me up.

johnpaulmuff
07-21-2004, 11:25 AM
What about a clogged fuel filter? Do you hear the pump whine a little when you start your car? You can usually hear a fuel pump priming the fuel system when you first turn your ignition on. If you don't then you probably have an electrical problem. If you do hear it, you probably have a clogged line or filter.

maka_RTH
07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
What about a clogged fuel filter? Do you hear the pump whine a little when you start your car? You can usually hear a fuel pump priming the fuel system when you first turn your ignition on. If you don't then you probably have an electrical problem. If you do hear it, you probably have a clogged line or filter.

he said it works though when he runs a wire to it, so i doubt it'd be a clogged line/filter.