PDA

View Full Version : Cracked on of hoses for fuel filter, need help

AQcz
07-17-2004, 06:15 AM
When changing the fuel filter on my 88 Accord LXi one of the hoses that goes to the fuel filter cracked. I need help changing it.

It's the shorter of the two hoses. The one that brings in fuel (has screw that looks like a circle with the sides cut off on top). I marked it in this picture with a blue arrow
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/569000-569999/569097_4.jpg

I don't size hose is needed to replace or...

Had to happen after I got the new filter on too. Just as I was about to bolt it back to the car *Crack, a little gas squits*.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

AQcz
07-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Rained a little bit and I a lot of running around to do, but the part the hose is connected to doesn't have clamps or anything. It runs into two metal tubes.

Doesn't seem to pull out. If it was that easy to get off I guess it wouldn't have really been on in the first, but it has to be a way. Hose is only about 6-8 inches long. Somewhere around there

HondaBoy
07-18-2004, 07:38 PM
ok, if you can take that old hose off, take it to your local auto parts store. if your not good with eyeing up hoses and crap, ask one of the people there to see if they can find something close to that in a fuel hose. i know i've bought 2ft lengths of hose all the time for people who cant seem to eye them up. i'd say you wont have to spend more than $4 on the hose.

AQcz
07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm gonna see if I could get it off Monday morning and go up to pepboys to get it.

Main thing I just wanted to see was if there was any special way you had to take it off or whatever.

thanks

AQcz
07-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Seems that hose can't be changed. I'm going to need to get that whole part replaced. Now I just gotta see if I could find it

AQcz
07-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Can't find the fuel line at a junkyard. Most of those places just cut them off

At the dealer they want like $87

Anybody have or can get one of these?

AQcz
07-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Here's a better picture of the part, labeled in blue again.

I need that part. Got the pic from majestic. It's $55 there. If all else fails I'ma just get it there

Picture (http://home.nyc.rr.com/bigmike/009.gif)

AQcz
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
I ordered from majestic yesterday, went online to check status today and before I got to the site UPS was at my door. Damn that's quick.

Anyway I got it fixed

hkplayer
07-27-2004, 11:57 AM
awesome good to hear :)

BTW, how often are we to change that fuel filter anyways?

also, where did you get that awesome diagram? do you have more or is it from the manual?

AQcz
07-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I believe the fuel filter should be changed every 60K, I could be wrong though. I only had the car a few months so I didn't really know the last time it was changed.

Diagram came from here: http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

They have .pdf files and jpeg. That's an image from the jpeg files, I just cropped it cause those pictures are humongous.

HondaBoy
07-28-2004, 08:35 PM
hey, so ordering from majestichonda.com was cheaper? if so, i'll skip the special orders from the dealership from now on because they charge up the ass for stuff. i thought maybe shipping with the price the site offers would be about the price of the dealership. i'd thought to order from majestic honda, but didnt because i thought my dealership would be the same price. considering a hose at the dealership cost me $38, and from the site shows about $25.

AQcz
07-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Shipping was only $6

I went to a honda dealership over here and they told me $86 before taxes and it would take about 4-5 days.

I ordered from there and got it the next day. Saved around $40.

It's also better because you don't pay any taxes

SteveDX89
07-30-2004, 04:45 AM
It depends on what you're buying. The item prices are cheaper than the dealership but on top of handling and shipping, sometimes it's more. I usually figure out what I'm gonna buy and add handling and estimate shipping and if it's more or pretty close to the same, I just go to the dealer, otherwise I order from them. Usually little stuff like clips or nuts and bolts end up cheaper at the dealer unless you order them with several other things. They send everything 2 day shipping as well so that's always good if you're in a hurry.

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 08:27 PM
you couldve just sealed it up with some silicon or something. or if it was close to the end cut it off and put the end peice back on and your done.

shepherd79
08-14-2004, 10:52 PM
you couldve just sealed it up with some silicon or something. or if it was close to the end cut it off and put the end peice back on and your done.
do you know even what you are talking about? that hose is high pressure hose. no silicone can hold it. geez.