PDA

View Full Version : Whoa Had to repair the Honda...

BKKloppenborg
07-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Well i was driving and i noticed that small smoke was comeing out and so it was like shit.... So i went home and called my friend who is a works on the car for me for a VERY good price. Damn

THe power Steering was leaking and that was causeing the smoke.
Also the breaks were VERY bad, no wonder why it takes so long to slow down lol..

Menwhile 200 dollers for the power steering and 800 dollers for new breaks latter... My PARENTS happy to repair it for me lol.... They wanted it to get fixed so they paid for it since i am broke right now. The only thing is the said they would get some nice rims for it. WHen i came home from work today they said we have a supprise for you... SO i looked at it and they bought some new rims for it! CHEAP RIMS that you get at Auto Zone for like 15 bux lol. WOW it looks a little better because stock rims were falling apart now the Honda just looks cheaper lol. At least the fixed it though.

lightbulblxi
07-17-2004, 09:22 PM
$800 for brakes?! what all did they do? you could do it for like $200 and get the good aftermarket stuff. and u talkin bout rims or hubcaps?

blazin3gen
07-17-2004, 09:24 PM
holly shit 800 bucks wowzer they really facked u over haha

86AccordLxi
07-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Did you seriously pay $800 for a brake job?!?! holy crap someone made a bigass profit.

Alex

Wood9669
07-17-2004, 09:43 PM
$800 for brakes!?!?!? :uh:

soljaboy2000
07-17-2004, 10:00 PM
damn WTF....brake job cost more than power steering job.....what!!!!!!

BKKloppenborg
07-17-2004, 10:28 PM
yup brand new bracks, New power steering, and new CHEAP hubcaps that my parents got me. :rofl:

P.S. Notice how it says in thier how my PARENTS paid for it. :) They wanted to fix it for me and not have it destroy my bugget.

86AccordLxi
07-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Even so, new calipers from honda are about $90-100 per side ,pads are about $30-40, rotors can be had for about $25 a piece and brake fluid is cheap too. Worst case is maybe $300 for parts and labor sure as hell doesn't cost $500. Well, whatever...too late now.

alex

88accordhb
07-17-2004, 11:37 PM
wooo! 200 bucks for p/s. ahhaha

k-roy
07-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh man for that you could have spent $50 on tools, have us hook you up with all the info you need AND got a set of rims. not hubs, RIMZ

BKKloppenborg
07-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh man for that you could have spent $50 on tools, have us hook you up with all the info you need AND got a set of rims. not hubs, RIMZ

lol i know my parents paid for all of that so if they want to waste it thats thier probelm its my car still. Also i didn't want HUBcaps i want rims. I have no idea why they bought them when i told them i want RIMS.

accordlxi2.0
07-18-2004, 03:24 PM
who knows you guy's he probaly told his parents this price and paid a hell of a lot less, and used the rest to upgrade his engine bigtime :lol:

BKKloppenborg
07-18-2004, 05:12 PM
who knows you guy's he probaly told his parents this price and paid a hell of a lot less, and used the rest to upgrade his engine bigtime :lol:

LMAO i wish... they called the dude to fix the car and they paid him they didn't give me the money. The dude wo fixed the car said it was that much. :sad2:

deadlight
07-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Wow, all those 20 buck brake jobs I did for people over the years I could've done for 800...dammit.

87accordlxi
07-18-2004, 07:39 PM
:rofl: your parents got hosed.

HondaBoy
07-18-2004, 08:25 PM
take of you hoser, eh! i'd say the $800 for the brakes is a bit much. maybe if your got a new brake booster, master cylinder, rotors, drums, and all other bits and pieces, then yes that would be worth it. i would have done the work myself if i were you. but then not everyone is so good with cars. i only had to spend about $200 one time when i had to replace the master cylinder and brake cylinders with labor included. that was at Pepboy's like when i first got the car.

soljaboy2000
07-18-2004, 08:47 PM
I like to see some receipts......hope you have receipts, if not then you really got raped.

offthahook
07-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Well i was driving and i noticed that small smoke was comeing out and so it was like shit.... So i went home and called my friend who is a works on the car for me for a VERY good price. Damn

Are you that dumb? He's your friend, but charges $800 for new brakes? That's called "No Vaseline" kid.

BKKloppenborg
07-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Are you that dumb? He's your friend, but charges $800 for new brakes? That's called "No Vaseline" kid.

ok i ment it was my friend BUT my parents picked him out to fix the car. He is usally fair in this case was he not? Also i have no idea what excatly he did i was at work when he did it. All i know was he did somthing to the Power stearing and the Brakes. I don't have recepits because he comes to our home to fix it. My parents trust him so they have him fix it.

shepherd79
07-19-2004, 03:27 AM
still $800 and $200 for something you could have done in less than a day is a little too much. i know i can rebuild my brakes and spend less than $200 on all the parts.
and for the hose, it is less than $100.

unc25
07-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Dude, dont ever get anything done by this "friend" again! WTF! $800? damn dude that is seriously fucked up!
This information has just made me sick to my stomach :barf: ...I dont know how that guy could live with himself.

nswst8
07-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Had you done some reserch here you could have found out that this was a days work of the brakes and only $200 AND THEN AT THAT POINT maybe mom & dad could have spent alittle more on the rims.
And don't you dare get mad at your mom & dad for wanting to help you out.
HAd you done your homework you could have saved your parents some hard earned cash or is your priviledge to have a car and drive their responsibility. :rolleyes:
Learn some responsibility and be greatful for your parents it looks like they want you to survive and be happy.

BKKloppenborg
07-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Had you done some reserch here you could have found out that this was a days work of the brakes and only $200 AND THEN AT THAT POINT maybe mom & dad could have spent alittle more on the rims.
And don't you dare get mad at your mom & dad for wanting to help you out.
HAd you done your homework you could have saved your parents some hard earned cash or is your priviledge to have a car and drive their responsibility. :rolleyes:
Learn some responsibility and be greatful for your parents it looks like they want you to survive and be happy.

damn dude cool down.. I am gratful that my parents fixed it for me. Plus is their a point of doing resurch if they never take your advise anyways? I told my dad we could of done that by our selfs for ALOT cheper. He said he didn't want to do it, so he will have our friend do it. When he told me the price i was trippin. :uh:

87accordlxi
07-19-2004, 09:45 AM
damn dude cool down.. I am gratful that my parents fixed it for me. Plus is their a point of doing resurch if they never take your advise anyways? I told my dad we could of done that by our selfs for ALOT cheper. He said he didn't want to do it, so he will have our friend do it. When he told me the price i was trippin. :uh:
It's cool, we believe you. I just think everyone is trying to put the pieces together about how your friend had the nerve to charge that much. Next time you see him, ask him everything that he did.

BKKloppenborg
07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
It's cool, we believe you. I just think everyone is trying to put the pieces together about how your friend had the nerve to charge that much. Next time you see him, ask him everything that he did.

I will ask my parents they will know. He used to work at a shop we went to fix our cars so we went their so much we became friends. All i know he did is the power stearing dosn't leak anymore and the breaks i don't need to pump them to stop lol. :)

truetune
11-12-2004, 01:47 PM
whoa! I wish I was your parents trusted friend.