PDA

View Full Version : Where do you adjust RPM Scale?

AccordAddict
07-18-2004, 10:50 AM
See, my car is idled too high (1100-1500) and i need to idle it down. and also my engine revs in park and neutral from like 1000-1500 RPMs. i need to know where you stick the screw driver to turn the idle down to fix these problems, can anyone show me a picture and circle the area that you adjust. please help!

shepherd79
07-18-2004, 02:39 PM
your problem is not the idle screw. you need to replace the fast idle valve. it is not working properly and that is why you have jumpy idle.

accordlxi2.0
07-18-2004, 03:18 PM
hey did'nt i say that already in another thread . . .

AccordAddict
07-18-2004, 05:19 PM
i heard someone on here had the same problem, reinstalled a new fast idle valve, and it didnt help, all he had to do was adjust the idle scale... ?.. heh

shepherd79
07-19-2004, 03:12 AM
if you want to mess with idle screw, knock your self out. the idle screw is right in the front of the TB entrance. it is right above. it should be yellow screw.

AccordAddict
07-19-2004, 11:51 AM
ya i saw it but it was hard to get to with a screw driver, do you have to remove anything to get to it or is it just my imagination?

johnpaulmuff
07-20-2004, 11:49 AM
I had an 85 Fuel infected accord with this same problem. If you want to try something out to see if the fast idle valve is bad, get a thin piece of sheet metal (aluminum can) and put it under the fast idle valve and bolt the valve back on. This prevents the air from going around the throttle body. If this makes your idle normal, you can buy a new valve, or leave it like that for a while (this may make your idle too low sometimes).

accordlxi2.0
07-20-2004, 11:50 AM
you have to get like one of those small flat head's, or use a knife at the sharp edge.

AccordAddict
08-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Man i still cant find it. i see this gold screw that has a flat head indent and it turns. its like right above where my intake pipe inserts the manifold. is that it? i turned it to the right like 1/4 of a turn and didnt do anything, i dont know what will hapen if i turn it alot so im asking you guys first. if thats not it, i dont know what it is. i see this screw that has a yellow mark on it and its under the spring return on the throttle and it has a bolt on it. i dont think thats it. plz help, or show me a pic OR SOMETHING! thanks in advance..

A20A1
08-13-2004, 12:56 AM
How is your coolant level accord addict? didn't you say you overheated...
If so did you Properly bleed your coolant... do you know how to properly bleed your coolant? We can tell you how if you're not sure.

Do you realize that fluctuating idle could be because your valve or other coolant based sensors are not recieving coolant properly because of air in the coolant system? There should be no reason to adjust a throttle/idle screw when it was working perfect before... don't try to hide your problem by raising the idle... and certainly don't do it to avoid doing a simple tuneup/check to your engine, it's not worth it.

The basic things to check is your fluid levels... but the fluid level for your coolant can be full and you can still have air pockets...

AccordAddict
08-13-2004, 03:31 PM
it has been doing the revving thing since i bought the car, before all my mods. i think my car is totally fine now. it doesnt over heat anymore, the fans always come on now, and its running good. i just want that damn reving to stop in neutral and park. i found a gold screw i dunno if thats it or not, a red line is in front of it, its above my intake. is that it????

AccordAddict
08-13-2004, 05:18 PM
I went out and turned it. nothing. i turned it all the way to the right 1 1/2 turns and i didnt hear anything or see the idle go down. how much do you have to turn it? unless thats not the right screw.

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 06:34 PM
turned it as much as it could go, till it got tight didnt hear or see any difference! its a gold screw above where the intake pipe starts on my manifold right?