PDA

View Full Version : headlights

pervasto
07-18-2004, 04:55 PM
so this is the problem my right headlight works normally but my left doesn't then when i put my high beams on the left headlight works but the right doesn't. What is going on? i have the h4 headlight conversion if that makes a difference

maka_RTH
07-18-2004, 04:59 PM
first of all, check your fuses. if that's not it, try switching bulbs(if it's the bulbs then on low beams won't work on the right and will on the left, basically, it'll be switched). if it's not the bulbs, then, somethings prolly wrong with your wiring..., which won't be fun to track down. if you need me to explain more, lemme know.

pervasto
07-18-2004, 05:05 PM
it's not the bulbs and i'm pretty sure i checked all the fuses so what am i looking for in the wiring or do i need an ampometer

maka_RTH
07-18-2004, 05:17 PM
well..., if you're sure it's not the bulbs or fuses.., as far as i know it'd be a break in the wire. i could be wrong though..., so don't take my word on it... i'm not sure if the lights go through any other relays or anything that could make them not work... maybe someone else knows for sure.

ag bullet
07-18-2004, 05:32 PM
it's not the bulbs and i'm pretty sure i checked all the fuses so what am i looking for in the wiring or do i need an ampometer

Aren't the H4s a dual filament bulb? It sounds to me like one filament in each is burned out. The easiest way to test them is to switch them with each other.

If your left works and your right doesn't and your right high beam works and your left doesn't after switching them, then you will know that your bulbs are bad. If it stays the same, I agree with checking fuses and wires.

bullard123
07-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah I think one of your bulbs are blown. I ordered a pair of H4 JDM headlights
and when I had them installled the same thing happened tome. They both worked fine on low beam but when I turned my high beams on my passenger side headlight would not come on. Now, I knew it had to be the bulbs because when I had my regular halogens in there they both worked fine on high and low beam, The good news is I have a extra set of bulbs coming next week. They are yours for $9.99 plus shipping. They are xenon hyper white headlight bulbs.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
07-19-2004, 08:22 AM
The wiring in our headlights tends to crack in the area where it constantly bends when the headlights go up or down. Check for cracked insulation or broken wires around the pivot points. This is a pretty common issue on our cars.

maxoutracer
07-21-2004, 04:30 AM
test light and see what's the deal...