PDA

View Full Version : Cars acting up, need help.

89cordlx
07-19-2004, 12:23 PM
it seems to be that when it's damp out, and I first start driving that my car will sometimes do a half stall when I start to drive (or take off from a light.) I let off the brake, press the gas, and it sorta pops, and vibrates badly, and just sounds like ass. I don't really know what could be causing it. first happened on a rainy night when I stopped hard.

AZmike
07-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Have you checked for codes from the ECU? My car acted like that when the coolant temperature sensor failed and the ECU went into fail-safe mode.

accordlxi2.0
07-19-2004, 05:09 PM
i think your dizzy cap gasket is no good.

89cordlx
07-20-2004, 05:29 PM
it's not often enough for it to be a code. I am going to check my fuel pump, thats what alex said. last time it happened my spark plugs were bad, but, I replaced them a little more than a year and a half ago, so I hope they're not bad.

accordlxi2.0
07-20-2004, 05:39 PM
the reason i say the cap, is you said when it's damp the car has trouble running, but if it's dry it's fine.
the cap gasket is bad or not on tight, and or the cap is cracked, cause water get in between . .

Mac
07-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I think that accordlxi2.0 is on the right track. Check your cap for a crack and the gasket too. Also you said this happened before and it was the spark plug wires.
Check them again. It sounds like something electrical in the ignition system is getting damp.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-21-2004, 07:14 AM
any cracks or breaks or bad connections in the electrical system around the dist. and spark wire areas will cause problems during any precipitation or water or dampness. since water is a conductor, it pulls the current from its destination from the cracks or "leaks" and grounds them out. causing your engine to miss or "cough"

89cordlx
07-22-2004, 05:52 PM
so check my distributor, I will, hopefully I find time in during my one day off.