PDA

View Full Version : Black Taillights

kennycm
07-22-2002, 06:48 AM
I'm new to this board and I recently have been going crazy over cars, especially my recent purchase of an 89 SEI Accord from a police auction for $1250. I wanted to know how do you make your taillights black, even if it is just the top half. I read something that someone had posted before but it was just for how to make clear lights. Also, when I drive for long distances, it seems like my battery dies because I can't start without a jump. (I mean trips that are like 2 or 3 hours long) I bought a new battery and they told me that my alternator is fine, so I don't know what the problem is, sometimes my car takes a while (like 15 seconds) to turn over when I crank it. For that reason, I keep a booster pack and an extra car battery in my trunk. Can somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!!!
:stick:

MiGeY
07-22-2002, 06:57 AM
Go to the how to section of the board and there is a post on how to paint your tail lights red. You would use the same procedure but with black transperant paint. I'm not sure what paint it is but there is a post in the Apperance forum on the board.

netfreak
07-22-2002, 12:38 PM
You may want to replace the alternator anyway. I had a mechanic check mine and they said it was OK, then it died a week later...

anchovies
07-22-2002, 09:16 PM
get something like this..but i dunno how dark this one is
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=7842

jjlj86
07-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Your problem could also be a starter

A20A1
07-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Mines pure black except for the 4 red round lights...