PDA

View Full Version : More distributor questions

XJRiggs
07-20-2004, 02:31 AM
I have a 88 Accord LXi and I suspect that my distributor may be bad. I have heard this is a common problem and I'm wondering what my options are besides buying a new one. Salvage yard distributors are getting harder to come by, will only a 3g 12 valve efi work or are there others make-models that can be subsituted? Does anyone make a rebuild kit for this distributor?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Riggs

A20A1
07-20-2004, 02:48 AM
I've never seen a rebuild kit, I would have given you my distributor but I just recently gave it to someone else, I might be able to get it back though if he no longer needs it. Keep you distributor just in case, cause you can canabalise one distributor to get the other working if only a few parts of your distributor needs replacing.

You need the EFI one cause the Carb version doesn't have all the wire hookups.
you might be able to find an early Prelude with the EFI A20.
I believe only Tec makes the EFI Distributor... there are mo Hitatchi versions...

What is the price you found for the rebuilt/new one?
What is the core return?

XJRiggs
07-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I believe it was $240 ; no core

k-roy
07-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Damn thats expensive. Try looking here www.car-part.com

AccordEpicenter
07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Damn thats expensive. Try looking here www.car-part.com
Try ebay also, if they have red dust in the cap and if the advance mechanism doesnt work smoothly etc then its shot. Mine started making a high pitched squeek before it died. Usually used/working they can be had off ebay etc for well under $50

FunLXI
03-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Hello,
Does anyone know where to purchase brand new bushings & bearings in order to rebuild my 88 Accord LXI TEC distributor?
I heard a reference to Winzer...Is anyone knowledgeable of how to contact this co.?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.