PDA

View Full Version : Front Door Speakers - Wiring

Brentm
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Is it jsut me or is it nearly impossible to run wires into the doors of our cars? I cant find where the grommet is on the inside to go into the passage into the door itself, even if I could find it, It's not like I could get my hands in there to get wires through, someone help me out or give me a suggestion on some other way to get wires into the doors!

accordfever
07-20-2004, 03:00 PM
exactly why do you need to run wires into the door if it is too hook your speakers up to an amp you run them to the deck harness

maka_RTH
07-20-2004, 03:20 PM
he's prolly running new wire's to his speakers, some bigger ones. you could run tehm to the harness and not have to run them through to the door, otherwise i think i'd try and run the wire from the speaker out the door into the car, it might be a little easier. haven't done it personally however...

Brentm
07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
umm yea..... amps? im not using one, but if i was id still haveta run wires into the doors....

The story is. I bought the car, couple months down the road I bought a deck, put it in, one speaker works, one 6x9 in the back, sounds extrememly bad!!! my friend gave me 2 free 6x9's so i ran new wire to my rear deck and installed the 2 6x9's. Now i want to buy some new door speakers, and do a custom install on the cover itself (other post) when i looked behind the covers I foound 2 really rotten stock speakers that badly need replacing, take the speakers out and turns out there was no wires running to them at all, that explains why I gotta run new wires into the doors.

When your cars missing constant power and speaker wires to the front doors, you gotta wonder what the hell some people do when it comes to cars!!!

maka_RTH
07-20-2004, 03:53 PM
When your cars missing constant power and speaker wires to the front doors, you gotta wonder what the hell some people do when it comes to cars!!!
i'd almost wonder if somebody at one time replaced the doors and didn't put wires back too it...

oh yah, on running the speaker wire..., i was think it might not be the easiest thing to start from the speaker out the door into the car, but start inbetween the door and car, and run one end into the door, find where it is, pull it through some with enough slack, then run the other end into the car, find the end, and then run it through to the harness.

PortugalFocus
07-20-2004, 05:11 PM

when I bought my DX, it didnt have rear speakers. So I had 2 5.25"s American Legacy and 2 6.5"s RF's on the rear deck powerd by a 600w 4 channel amp. Plus the existing speakers in the front doors and a pair of tweeters I had in the dash, wicked hardcore sounds came outa that car. Not 2 mention the 2 Power Acoustic 800w subs and the 1600w amp I had to power them. All running on a factory alternator.

Brentm
07-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Mark RTH, Diddnt even think to run the 2 ends seperatley, guess I had a blonde moment. Ill put one end of the wire onto a coat hanger and then push that into the car. Good old duct tape will come in and fix the protector tube connecting the door and the car.