PDA

View Full Version : a few questions for you guys!

bobafett
07-22-2002, 08:10 AM
first of, i have been wanting to upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes...

i know that you can get sei brakes, and i saw that someone here had prelude brakes (according to sig)

i am curious how much these projects cost, and where teh best place is to buy them.

also do you peeps have any other suggestions? i am very willing to accept new ideas!!!

Sean
07-22-2002, 12:13 PM
for sei brake yr need to change the trailing arms an the spindles on the rear suspension. goto any junkyard and ask around the average price seems tobe about 175-200 then yr gonna need to overhual the brakes and change the hoses as well.

offthahook
07-22-2002, 01:19 PM
proportioning valve, too.

guaynabo89
07-22-2002, 06:07 PM
master cylinder too

bobafett
07-23-2002, 09:23 AM
sheeeeit. so this looks like it will be a several hundred dollar project... would i be better off buying a big brake kit and skipping the sei BS? i assume the sei brakes are better, but they are stock afterall/ :) should i just jump to a "real" brake upgrade?

accordexi87
07-23-2002, 09:27 AM
i think you should go with a cheaper method ( well unless you know the right people and you can get everything cheap )
i'm going to stick with my breaks for now .. maybe in the future i 'm going to put on Prelude breaks .. but i'm not sure yet

bobafett
07-23-2002, 11:32 AM
yeah i am thinking that might be what i have to do for now!

right now i dont NEEEED more stopping power, but it wouldnt hurt, but i could redo the brakes much cheaper if i stuck with oem honda shit! thats prolly the smart route for now!