PDA

View Full Version : Why?

kennycm
07-22-2002, 08:35 AM
Why don't some people like aluminum spoilers for the 3 geez? I know that we have front wheel drive cars but it depends on what kind you get, as well as it gives us better handling on corners. Does anyone have a picture of a 3 G with an aluminum spoiler on it. OH yeah, what does "CAD" mean? (Not Computer-Aided Design) :stick:

MiGeY
07-22-2002, 09:50 AM
Personally I just dont like the look of aluminum spoilers. On 3geez or on any car for that matter....

DBMaster
07-22-2002, 10:31 AM
You mean those spoilers that look like they were built out of a kid's Erector set?

To each his own, I suppose.

87accordlxi
07-22-2002, 11:41 AM
how do they give you better handling in corners? yes, theyre supposed to produce downforce, but downforce comes with speed. and when you're going around corners, you're not going fast enough for some gaudy parkbench on your trunk to make any difference

and CAD stands for canadian dollars

YK86
07-22-2002, 12:32 PM
I don't like then on 99% of the cars I see it on. The car just does not blend well. If I see it on a real touring car with the right kit, nice low stance, matching wheels, etc, then I think it looks good. But you only see them in real life on almost stock looking cars with only the wing.

Bobs89LXi
07-22-2002, 04:46 PM
Well, if you buy one and decide you don't like it, you can use it as a bench in your backyard garden. :p

TeKKnoTeKK
07-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Yeah aluminum spoilers have been played out since F&F, they were never cool to begin with, not to mention ugly on ANY car :confused:

Inabj2
07-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Hmm i imagine... well no i havent seen any car that looks good with them ever.

88Ex-i
07-22-2002, 05:43 PM
i've seen a few that they look good on......eg. supra, rx-7......but when i see one on a car that really doesn't need it, i think thats the point?????

Inabj2
07-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 88Ex-i
i've seen a few that they look good on......eg. supra, rx-7......but when i see one on a car that really doesn't need it, i think thats the point?????

I dont like on the supra. and i think its WAY to big for an Rx7. The only supra kit i like is the ABflug900 kit. But thats just my IMHO

B16 ED9
07-22-2002, 08:18 PM
ok, aluminum wings dont really have a purpose (besides looks) unless you are goin about 150mph. so they're just mainly for looks. and i've sat an aluminum wing on my car and it looked sweet. it was about as wide as the car, and it was only about 10" tall.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-22-2002, 10:41 PM
Increased downforce on the rear of a FWD car makes no sense. The front is what needs more stick, not the back. You'll increase your understeer, who'd want MORE understeer? When they do make sense is when you have downforce in the front and your balancing those forces with the rear wing. And unless your part of a racing team that's not going to happen. Just bolting on a rear wing isn't going to duplicate the effects touring cars get from them.