PDA

View Full Version : help...distributor problem with B161

pinoy3gaccord
07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
hello sir,

im from the phillipines and i have a 89 USaccord LX manual tranny. i got a b16 1st gen swap. my problem is with the distributor, about a week ago, we tested the engine(already mounted in my accord). the engine was running nicely. but the day after, it had problems with the distributor. my mechanic told me that there is not enough "current" or spark coming from the distributor. so, wat we did was we got another distributor (coming from an EG/2nd Gen B16) and for about 5-8 secs, the engine started. after that, there was no more "current/spark" coming from the distributor agen, then we got another EG distributor and the same thing happened again.

do you think that the problem is with the distributor or something is wrong with the wiring?

pls help me.
thank u.

skiingco
07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Kamusta Ka. Get on the web and go to HASport who has been the supplier of numerous article to Honda Tuning and other mags for all the Bseries swaps they have done

shepherd79
07-25-2004, 02:07 PM
most likely that 2gen distributor has diff connector pin out.
check with a manual and make sure the wires are in proper place.

SteveDX89
07-25-2004, 03:06 PM
When are you not getting current from the dizzy? Is it while cranking or all the time? You should have power to the dizzy when the ignition is on the 2 position. If not, you might have an electrical problem somewhere else and it's not getting power to the dizzy. You can also try replacing the ignitor. It's inside the cap under the rotor. It costs about 90 bucks for a new one though. Check to make sure no grounds got loose or anything like that.

carotman
07-25-2004, 07:36 PM
The 1st gen B16A distributor is different from the 2nd gen from what I was told.

pinoy3gaccord
07-26-2004, 05:48 AM
yep...1st gen distributor have oval sockets while 2nd gen have rectangular. but u can remove the pins/wires and match it to the socket. just be sure u write down the corresponding holes in the socket to the wires.

pinoy3gaccord
07-26-2004, 05:50 AM
by the way, the mechanic tried my distributor in another car and the car didnt start. he told me that the problem is the coil in the distributor. we'll try to replace the coil this week.

pinoy3gaccord
07-26-2004, 05:52 AM
another Q pls... do coilsprings of CIVICs 96-99 fit in my 89LX Sedan? coz ive heard that in 3rd gen ludes, they do fit. tnx

pinoy3gaccord
07-27-2004, 09:25 AM
hmmm....