PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think all this wuold cost?

Wood9669
07-24-2004, 05:17 PM
to lower my car (1.5".. maybe 1.75)- tires, rims, struts, springs, (what else?)

iv got some extra cash and now that yet another asshole has tried scammin me buying my car and i still have the car, im wondering if i should keep it and tryin puttin some money into it.. but i think itd take a lil more than i have to make it my style.

how much could i get that for / anyone know good sites for cheap wheels?

nswst8
07-24-2004, 05:58 PM
This is the question you should be asking yourself.
1st you have a very reliable ride, I have 200,000 and would not hesitate to drive this ride to Alaska and back this evening I don't ever expect to have to replace this ride given that I do the required maintenece.
Only after you have made this ride as reliable as it should be then you can do the mods you want without the worry of losing reliability.
Now with the drop you want below 1.5 you will need revalved Bilsteins $650+ and H&R Springs or Neuspeed $100-$150 plus Prelude upper control arms $? (Junkyard) that are adjustable for the camber adjustments you will need for a drop below 1.5 Rims and tire are attainable through package deals $800+
Now after reliability is achieved only then should you should you fork out that kind of $$ for mods.
Hope this helps.

ivanfbi
07-24-2004, 09:36 PM
hey, i am in process of lowering my car, i got the prelude contor arms(ball joints are good, i was surpriced) for $25 on j/y in everett, and i am going to work on it in couple days, when i will be done, i will help you, if you want. I am running intrax springs with stock shocks(i am a student...) and camber correction. BTW, that guy droped the tranny in and has gone to Europe(Germany i think) and he is comin back in a week, i think then you will have a chance to see it.

shepherd79
07-25-2004, 04:17 AM
he is what it will cost you:
lowering: $150-250 for springs. it all depends which ones you get. (don't buy coilovers)
$650+ for revalved Bilstein struts if you want to keep your right nice and tight.
$25 for arms at the junk yard plus $35+ for ball joints per side.

tires/rims: when it comes to tires and rims, it is all up to you. if you want just rims and some tires you can get heavy shit rims from ebay for $under $800 with tires. they may look nice but since they are heavier they will require more power to turn them.
i say for a good set of light wheels you are looking at $1000+ plus you want nice tires with it. so it is another $150+ per tire.