PDA

View Full Version : Apexi question

AccordArizona89
07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
well my friend has one of those blue lcd screen Apexi controller things. hes gunna give it to me for 30 bucks! there like 300$ brand new. anyone know how to set this thing uip into the ecu or what? thanks for the help

howndamane
07-25-2004, 06:33 PM
i dont know how to set it up but thats awesome

k-roy
07-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Witch model is it?

AccordArizona89
07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
no idea yet. ill have to find that out first eh.. lol.. well i know its the one were it controls the throttle.. etc

Elijah
07-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Is it a SAFC?

shepherd79
07-25-2004, 07:36 PM
it is easy to set up.
i have the first generation version. and it took me about 1 hour to set up.
it is very easy to do.
the only problem is where to mount.
since the one i have is flat and small enough, i mounted in the place of ash tray.
since the new SAFC are bigger you will have to mount somewhere on the top of the dash.
if you need help with connecting one, let me know.

AccordEpicenter
07-25-2004, 08:25 PM
have the first generation version. and it took me about 1 hour to set up.

shep is that the one with the knobs or the SAFC... they have SAFC II's... Funny you ask, i set one up in my Accord earlier today and its one hell of a device. Oh boy... you need to wire in the afc to the ground wires, map, tps, and rpm, and power wires on the ecu. For the RPM i just ran a wire from the blue wire coming off of the coil to use as my rpm trigger, i dont think it goes into the ecu anyway thats why i didnt use it. Takes about an hour to set up... i cant remember the color wires you should use on the ecu... if you need to know ill look them up for you, all i know is that they were completely different than the pinout listed for the ecus in the FAQ here... i had to bust out my honda factory service manual to figure this one out.

Justin86
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM
how about what is it, blue LCD think dosen't help, cause they make those for air/fuel controls, boost control, etc ????????????

AccordEpicenter
07-26-2004, 12:53 PM
yeah its one hell of a piggyback fuel computer. It helped with my car leaning out in low throttle from 3k-4k... but if youre just an N/A guy without alot of mods its really not that effective for the $250+ youll spend on one. You can use it for turbo (thats what im gonna do) and nitrous also if youd like. Yea they have the blue screen computers that are SAFC (Super Air Flow Converter) VAFC (Vtec controller as well as an SAFC) and they also have the AVC-R (boost controller) and RSM (kinda like a GTech... test your 1/4 mi times etc) but they ALL LOOK THE SAME... blue screen but are labled differently according to what they are.