PDA

View Full Version : Universal Programmable High Energy Ignition Kit + other neat stuff

Slavic
07-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Are these kits (http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?category=579&skinny=&logCookie=eb513287aa61edd89a2bcc4ddf57df8c&affiliate=&scope=shop&sc_qty888800044=1&sc_qty888800045=1&sc_qty1003701277=2&country=840&sc_recalc.x=57&sc_recalc.y=9&logCookie=eb513287aa61edd89a2bcc4ddf57df8c) any good, would they work on a 3G and how would I go about hooking them up?

$39.72 Universal High Energy Ignition Kit

Boost performance and greatly reduce the need for expensive tune-ups. This versatile kit can be connected to conventional points, twin points or Reluctor ignition systems.

You could also replace the points altogether by using an optional hall-effect sensor (no longer available from us) to forever eliminate timing adjustments.

A 4 to 22V operating voltage, fixed 0.9ms spark duration and tachometer output are just some of the many features. A small investment that will pay for itself many times over. Kit supplied with diecast case, PCB and all electronic components.

$46.12 Programmable Electronic Ignition Kit

This programmable ignition timing module used in conjunction with our high energy ignition module KC-5247 allows you to program timing of engines with points, Hall effect or reluctor distributors well as many other features.

The programmable ignition was originally introduced in March 96 by Silicon Chip magazine and has proven to be a huge success. Because many revisions have occurred since its release, Silicon Chip has now re-written this article explaining clearer construction and connection, incorporating all of the past improvements.

Kit includes PCB, keypad, 7-segment LED display, pre-programmed microprocessor & all electronic components. Join the thousands that have benefited from this superior project.

$17.71 Quick Brake Light Trigger Kit

This brilliant module switches a relay when the throttle is being moved fast. It can sense either when the throttle is pressed down quickly (ideal for detecting when you’re driving hard) or when the throttle is lifted quickly. Use it to automatically switch an auto trans from economy to power modes, to trigger intercooler water sprays (you can turn on the spray just by blipping the throttle at the lights!), or to trigger electronically-controlled blow-off valves on quick throttle lifts. The sensitivity can be varied and the length of time that the relay stays on is adjustable from 1/10th - 100 seconds. Uses output of standard throttle position sensor. (Note this module is also known as 'QuickBrake'.)

$24.81 Rev Limiter / Gear Shift Indicator Kit

Refer Silicon Chip April 99. Reaching or exceeding the RPM ³red line² of your engine can cause severe damage. This rev limiter will restrict the RPM at an adjustable preset limit so that ³red line² will not be exceeded. Two lamps will illuminate consecutively before ³red line² and another when the limiter is activated. The rev limiter can be connected to 2 & 4 stroke engines with 1 to 12 cylinders and uses Hall Effect, points, low voltage signal reluctor or ignition coil to measure RPM.

Other stuff from the same company that I think would be usefull:

$19.85 Smart Fuel Mixture Display for Fuel injected Cars
$17.71 Ultrasonic Proximity Detector
$23.78 Screecher Car Alarm MKII
$23.78 Engine Immobiliser MK II

Also see The World's Best DIY Immobiliser (http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article.html?popularArticle)

shepherd79
07-27-2004, 04:02 AM
i was going to buy air-fuel ratio meter from them and put it togeter, but i found one on ebay i liked it.

mag_pbg
07-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Yes, does this work¿ It looks pretty interesting and for on $50