PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Please

kennycm
07-22-2002, 11:22 AM
I plan to put my battery in the trunk and run a custom cold air intake to where the battery used to be. I saw a BMW with the battery in the back and it looked really nice. Also, that way, if my battery ever dies in an embarassing location, I can go in the trunk instead of having to pop the hood, informing everyone that I have a problem with my honda. Does anyone see anything wrong with that or think that I may run into any problems.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

doug
07-22-2002, 11:24 AM
my only problem with the idea is venting the fumes.

89accordlxi
07-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Yeah, If you are wanting to relocate a battery to the trunk, I would definitely consider getting one of those dry cell batteries so you don't have to worry about fumes or acid spilling on anything. Other then that, there shouldn't be any major problems that I can think of. Although there was an article somewhere that someone posted about the dangers of trunk mounted batteries. It had something to do with causing some sort of electrical field that was suppose to be dangerous or something. But I don't think there was any proof of it actually happening. Any way, thats all I have to say.

Good luck

Peace..