PDA

View Full Version : Harness help

Robs89LXi
07-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I am wanting to try an OBD0 to OBD1 swap on my '89 LXi, but am having a hard time finding help on doing this. I am wanting to run an OBD1, P75 ECU (92-95 Integra) using an F-22 OBD1 distributor (90-93 Accord). This setup has been done successfully by Justanothermike's brother, Darryl from Openloop Motor Sports, but they have not answered any of my requests for assistance on doing this. I have the pinouts for both ECUs, but have no experience doing this type of task. Is there anyone out there who has done pinout conversions before who would be willing to help? I can send you what I have for the P75 and PJ0 if you think you can do it. While I am grateful for any help at all, I would prefer someone who has experience with this type of thing, rather than someone who is just willing to "give it a shot".
Thanks.

Scorpion88LX
07-27-2004, 06:25 PM
ques: why?

shepherd79
07-27-2004, 06:43 PM
sorry man, but it looks like you will have to contact those people and let them do the conversion. i know it will cost you an arm, a leg, and may be a kidney.
the conversion shouldn't be that bad.
all you have to do is compare the Stock LXI wirring, 4G accord distributor, and the ECU you will be using.
after that, you may have to move some wires around, add more wires or sensors. replace a few plugs. and so on and on. it is not a very easy job, but it can be done.
i have been looking at that for a long time. and i am slowly trying to get all the materials together, but between the college, work, and everyday life i don't even have time to replace the damn camshaft or even build the CAI.
good luck on your project.

AccordEpicenter
07-27-2004, 07:05 PM
i think you might have to install a 4g wiring harness with some 3g plugs on it... im not sure how else youd do it

Robs89LXi
07-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Scorpion: OBD1 ECUs are chippable and can run Uberdata. Opens up doors for engine mangement.

Shepherd 79: I think we should compare notes. Drop me a note at [email protected] and I'll send you what I have so far.

AccordEpicenter: No, from what I understand so far, the 3G harness is used with only wires/plugs added for the new obd1 dizzy and a obd1, 4-wire O2 sensor. Everything else is a matter of not using, or changing pinout locations. Of course, a harness will have to be made for connecting our 3 main plug, obd0 engine harness to the 2 main plug, obd1 ECU.

I'll give it a little more time to see if anyone else has info on this, then I'll jump in with both feet.

Anyone know where I can get a working TEC TD-31U distributor from a 4th gen. ('90-'93) Accord? Please PM me if you do.

Thanks.