PDA

View Full Version : Help!! i think i need to re-wire my stereo..

Badboy2005
07-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I was installing my stereo...without the color code(i know very stupid) and i think i blew the power wires..what should i do. Also i lost the whold right side of my car..neither of the speakers work and i know that they are hooked up right cause i got the color code and checked them today...could someone that maybe knows alittle more then me about car audio PLEASE help me...i need my tunes. :dunno:

zero.counter
07-28-2004, 04:51 PM
On most high powered decks now, if you cross the speaker leads, you will blow out the internal amp. Try using only the rcas...

Badboy2005
07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
its a older tape deck..not to old but its better then my stock one till i get a cd player. I didn't cross the speakers i crossed the power conections...which i think is probably worse. but that could be why my right speakers are really quiet and fuzzy.

AccordAddict
07-31-2004, 08:59 PM
leave your windows down lately? water couldve gotten in and messed up the electrical system. happened in my nissan, dried out about a week later.

Badboy2005
08-01-2004, 08:55 AM
i had a leaky sunroof..so EVERYTHING got wet. Should i just replace all of the wiring wile i have the money to do it? Plus im buying another car that has good wiring in it so i could probably use that.

catalin
08-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey Badboy, when you turn on your cassette deck do your hear a slight 'pop' from one of the speakers????
Puut all your windows up and give it a try. If you do hear one then take that speaker out unplug it and then try the system. The popping usually indicates a speaker that is shortnig to ground. Most likely one of the connection are touching the metal around the speaker.