PDA

View Full Version : Saw a PHAT stock 3g at the dealer...

offthahook
07-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Had to pick up a hood stay, so I was checking out this green 89 coupe lx-i (tan interior) in the service lot. It was fawking NEW looking!!! The interior was immaculate and it had like granny seat covers on the seats. It had an Amerivan Eagle on the front license so I figured some old lady must be driving it. I looked at the odometer and it read:

46064!!!

Not 146064. You read it right!!! I wanted to just drool!!! When I got back from getting my free hood stay (I used to work there), it was gone. I know, carry your digicam with you... Just picture a brand new coupe with perfect paint and an old lady prolly driving it... :( :sadwave: to that car. I want thar car NOW!!!

*edit* Please move to GENERAL forums since I only wish I had a picture... :super:

RobT5580
07-22-2002, 05:27 PM
I have found a few very nice SEI's but their owners wouldnt part with it at all. If i could i would buy a brand new one but thats not possible so maybe i will find one. Until then i will stick with the 2 LXIs i have. One of my cars is nice and the other is a little beat up from a break in and i tend to drive my old one to work and some couple walked by laughing and sayin shit about it, i wish i could of had my other one and they would of never of thought they were the same year. I wish i could trust people more so i could drive it more but id rather keep my nice accord nice.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Sweet!! I'd love to be able to get a like new, low mileage 3g. :) Maybe somebody was just testdriving it or something. Go take another look, perhaps it will reappear :D Once I get to FL I will someday find a creampuff of a 3g (low miles, perfect condition, etc), and I WILL get it. No rust down there either!

If you had lots and lots of $$$, you could always just order every single part from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com , and build yourself a brand spankin' new 3g Accord (trim level of your choice!), heheh. Just don't pay the $8000 they're asking for each front brake caliper, or the struts (pricing errors), lol

:)

shepherd79
07-23-2002, 06:49 PM
i found a nice 4 door 88-89 accord DX with 69000 miles on it. the lady said that she would sell it to me for $600.
I am still thinking. it is DX and i have LX and i love all those power options.

RobT5580
07-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Yeah i was wondering about that caliper it was a bit out of place price wise. The only other way to find a like new Accord is to see if Honda has one at a training facility. My friend is an Electrician and he was working at the main plant in Windsor Locks, CT and they had a 92 Prelude Si (which he owns one as well) and it had like 3000 miles or something like that on it because they use it to train technicians with. That would be cool to buy it but i wouldnt want it because it was taken apart so many times....

darkhonda89
07-23-2002, 07:07 PM
ive got 95,451 on my 89 :super:

offthahook
07-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
i found a nice 4 door 88-89 accord DX with 69000 miles on it. the lady said that she would sell it to me for $600.
I am still thinking. it is DX and i have LX and i love all those power options.

Let me think for you... BUY IT!!!! You know what Honda parts cost, right? That could be a "beater" and you could use it for some parts ( I know, not all. esp. power options). Dude, $600 isn't a whole lot in the Honda parts/service world. That motor is NAILS!!!

1989 DX R
07-23-2002, 08:04 PM
BUY IT!!!!

shepherd79
07-24-2002, 04:02 AM
i don't have money right now, i have to pay for the school.
but i may buy it later.

DonnyG
07-24-2002, 05:04 AM
Dude I'll buy it if you don't, Fuck I live in Ohio. West Virgina doesn't sound too bad for a nice little road trip. I'm not kidding either, I will buy it right now!!!!!!!!!

Heh I just found out it is like 461.5 miles to your town, Hell I'll do it in an instant. Just give me the word, and I'll be there to pick the baby up.