PDA

View Full Version : exhaust rattle

Ludi Mali
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
ok, because all the shops around here are retarded, and because I have no time to do it myself. I had 1 shop put on my pacesetter header and high flo cat, but the shop thats doing my custom catback was closed so i have to go to them tomorrow. Except, now theres this nasty, loud as hell, vibration coming from the front of the exhaust when i hit about 2k rpms. The mechanic said it's because the high flow of the new section is restricted by the old stuff at the end, and the backup is causing the rattling, but that doesnt' sound right to me. Is it something i should be concerned about, I'm thinking it could be the ball joint rattling, should i have the shop replace it with a flex pipe? Need help fast, cuz i gotta get the rest of it tomorrow(7/29)

HondaBoy
07-30-2004, 07:53 PM
nah, thats most likely not it. if your pacesetter header had the ball joint connections instead of a regular flang, thats it i'm sure. many people complain about that. bad design. you can fix that by haveing the ball joint cut off and either a flange welded on or weld the header down pipe directly on the exhaust. i'd say flange.