PDA

View Full Version : Screw the ARB!!

1987HondaAccord
07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
ok, i'm trying to get my car smog'ed but every place i go to they say it won't pass the visual test. Its because i made my own cold air intake. so, i've got a few questions.

if i get an intake from a different car thats ARB certified, will it make my car pass?

Does anyone in SoCal know of any test only stations that would let my car pass the way it is?

thanks for the help.

SteveDX89
07-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Get an intake from a 90-93 Integra. It fits and should pass emissions.

adams86lxi
07-29-2004, 01:36 PM
yes, this is very important im in the same situation but worse with the motor swap! If anyone knows any socal smog staions that will pass you no matter whats under the hood for a reasonable price it would be greatly apreciated! Because i know for a fact theirs know way ill pass a california smog exam!

I HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!

88accordalltheway
07-29-2004, 03:15 PM
dont hate on cali, hate on the president of caleefornea, AAnuld. Seriously, us here in cali need to find somone thatll do it on the dl and get us to pass.

88accordhb
07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
hahahahhha bitchasses!!! i pass smog no matter wat for 50. i love vietnamese mechanics.

88accordhb
07-29-2004, 07:48 PM
ok, i'm trying to get my car smog'ed but every place i go to they say it won't pass the visual test. Its because i made my own cold air intake. so, i've got a few questions.

if i get an intake from a different car thats ARB certified, will it make my car pass?

Does anyone in SoCal know of any test only stations that would let my car pass the way it is?

thanks for the help.
isn't it CARB, not ARB or is that only in exhaust? anyways, you should just get a stock set up from the junky. yes it's a slight pain in the ass puttin it on and off and short ram and wat not, but smog is a game, you just gotta be smart and make the right moves. all you need is for the car to be stock "looking" in the engine bay and the cat should be on with cat gaskets, and also the heatshield over the header and the cat. good luck my friend.

1987HondaAccord
07-29-2004, 11:22 PM
hahahahhha bitchasses!!! i pass smog no matter wat for 50. i love vietnamese mechanics.

Dude, hook me up!

and C. A. R. B. stands for California Air Research Board. (i think)

mr eff
07-30-2004, 01:02 PM
yeah, where's this little vietnamese magic man in the greater bay area?!

88accordhb
07-30-2004, 01:07 PM
san jose bro, come on down, i got the hook ups. just hit me up whenever you feel the tinkerin for some smogness.

1987HondaAccord
08-03-2004, 12:26 PM
wow. so i finally got a 90-93 integra intake, and before i put it in i thought i should try one more time at another smog station. at first the mechanic said it didn't look right, but i insisted that it worked, and so he said ok. it passed the emissions (tail pipe) part of the test easily with under average emissions everywhere. :) i guess a new O2 sensor and new temp sensors help. so now i have 2 intakes for my car, and neither have a CARB number on them. :uh:

hondamanlxi
08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
congrats on passing! i know what its like...oh wait, i dont :)
fuck emissions
fuck cali (surfers,hippies,and stoners lol j/p)

welcome to southern hospitality!