PDA

View Full Version : what about camber kits??

3gn86lxi
07-29-2004, 07:06 PM
:rice: Who makes, and where can I get a camber kit from? I know you can use Prelude arms, but is there a kit available??
:stupid: I'm throwing in 2.5 drop springs in this weekend, and I need to do something b4 I chew the shit out of my tires!
Thanks, any info will be helpful.

NXRacer
07-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Ingalls makes a camber kit that should work for you. If you dont have time/money etc to get a camber kit, have the wheels aligned after you drop it and have them correct any toe that might be out and it will save your tires considerably. Negative camber can actually help your handling on corners and wont eat your tires too bad if your toe is good.

jigga225
07-30-2004, 01:33 PM
man after ~~a 2.75" drop and improper camber correction, my Z rated tires went to s***.
you can search on eBay, and if you drop it that low, the prelude arms wont correct all the way...

3gn86lxi
07-30-2004, 04:30 PM
I ordered one up today. My buddy manages a Swabbe tire store, he sold me their kit for cost, it wasnt as much as I thought it would be. And I'm going to try the washer trick for the back. :)

88Accord-DX
07-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Well, I feel the same way Jigga does, but I'm going with the Prelude control arms from looking through the archives and reading about camber kits verses lude control arms.