PDA

View Full Version : bigger injectors?

pervasto
07-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Hopefully soon i will be getting a fully modified B16 intake manifold TB and rail that will fit the a20. So here comes my question i was thinking about getting bigger injectors to go with the more air flow. Any suggestions as to what type of injectors i should get and do i have to get diff. computer parts to control the more fuel out of a bigger injector?

Oyvind Ryeng
07-30-2004, 06:24 AM
I really don't think the extra 1 CFM of airflow will need larger injectors. If anything, a reprogrammed ECU (not possible, from what I've heard), an Apexi-piggyback-box (you know the sliver and blue-looking ones), or perhaps 0,1 psi higher fuel pressure.

joker2
07-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Bigger injectors are not needed.... Stock flow is enough... :cool:

AccordEpicenter
08-01-2004, 03:42 PM
if you need to, get an adjustable fpr and bump the fuel pressure... Stock injectors are good for WAY WAY over ANY power level youll need being all motor

86LXItooFAST4me
08-02-2004, 05:56 AM
i have JDM Civic injectors on mine, had to mod the harneses though. they just give you an extra CC or two but i also have the Adj. FPR

shepherd79
08-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Hopefully soon i will be getting a fully modified B16 intake manifold TB and rail that will fit the a20. So here comes my question i was thinking about getting bigger injectors to go with the more air flow. Any suggestions as to what type of injectors i should get and do i have to get diff. computer parts to control the more fuel out of a bigger injector?

sorry to break you happiness, but that throttle body won't fit stock intake manifold.
the diff is in bolt pattern.
second, you don't need more fuel unless you have more performance parts in your engine such as stage 2 or higher camshaft.
otherwise, your stock injectors will do fine. you don't want to run rich.

thegreatdane
08-02-2004, 11:45 AM
I think he's talking about the whole intake manifold, not just the TB.

pervasto
08-02-2004, 01:15 PM
i am talking about an intake manifold and TB not just the TB

smufguy
08-02-2004, 05:24 PM
i think the stock 3g injectors flow about 240cc or 210cc. I am not sure. Just get the 4g accord injectors if you badly need to get higher than stock flow ones. You will not see any big difference, but since the intake manifold is different and so is the TB, you will find a slight increase in pull at higher rpm, but still you will be limited witout changing the valve timings. So yeah, you can pick thse 4g injectors at a junkyard.

shepherd79
08-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Here is the list of injectors flow on honda and acura models.

http://webpages.shepherd.edu/abetke01/injectors.jpg

pervasto
08-03-2004, 05:55 AM
sweet thanks

smufguy
08-03-2004, 06:54 AM
a 3rd gen and a 4th gen flowed the same??? man.......... i wonder why,

shepherd79
08-03-2004, 07:29 AM
it is not the injectors, it is what is controlling them.
you can push more fuel through stock injector with proper fuel management.

Oyvind Ryeng
08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
you can push more fuel through stock injector with proper fuel management.
True, and also higher fuel pressure. But the spray pattern and reliability may (usually does) change with higher pressure.

AccordEpicenter
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
just about all honda injectors are 240cc some are peak hold (us) some are saturated type (civic)... bumping the fuel pressure a few psi wont change the spray pattern. IF you took it to 75psi or somthing rediculous like some of these turboed FMU using guys then yeah it might change, you also might blow an injector... but raising it a few psi (less than 5) should give you all the fuel you need

smufguy
08-03-2004, 07:58 PM
with 55 psi my injectors started leaking. I think its more of a seal problem than the injector itself.

AccordEpicenter
08-03-2004, 08:44 PM
my stock injectors leaked at stock fuel pressure... right where the metal and plastic part came together on the top of the injector

smufguy
08-03-2004, 09:27 PM
mine leaked on the nozzle O-Ring. I took it out and it was hard as all get out. i was not in the mood to go and get one from honda, even tho they are only like a buck or two. So i just put some gasket maker around the part where the injector mates with the manifold. I know its ghetto, but its just a by product of laziness. :(