PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been discussed b4....

88accordalltheway
07-30-2004, 11:05 AM
but i was just wondering if anyone ever bought the uv sensitive gagues from paul. In the old threads he just stops with saying that he was having trouble with the print shop. Should i just get the ones off his site(and resize them of course) and then take them down to kinkos and get them printed with the uv sensitive colors? If i did this, would anyone be interested in getting a little group buy to get the cost down a little(i have an 88 lx auto, so your car would have to be 88-89 auto as well)? Does anyone have the gagues resized already so i can save myself the headache of resizing them already? thanks a million.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
have you PMed Paul?

88accordalltheway
07-30-2004, 11:11 AM
I emailed him, but he seems like a really busy guy. Ill pm him if nobody can help me.

SteveDX89
07-30-2004, 11:55 AM
I've printed them out before. I ended up measuring the size of the stock gauges and then sizing the gauge faces to that. I tried installing them and it was a pain in the neck with the needles on and I was afraid to take them off.

88accordalltheway
07-30-2004, 12:58 PM
i would imagine that the only hard part would be getting around the fuel/teml gague, seeing that it has 2 needles on one gague. Also, i nevre saw anyone say what they used to hold the new gagues on. Im thinking just some gule or silicone or somthing.

unc25
07-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I printed them out and they were the right size for me. But they were a pain in the ass to install with needles on and they also looked like hell (b/c I had to fiangle them on there) try taking the needles off and then putting them back on and see what happens. They should turn out ok

88accordalltheway
07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
yea i know how id install them, but i want to know if anyone did the full uv thing. Im preety much in love with black lights, i have 2 4' tubes in my room, as well as 2 more sitting my my closet. I want to do a full on custom gagues with uv want id like to use pauls gagues(since he went to all the trouble), but i want the uv ones.
so my questions are:
How do i get uv sensitive gagues?(Should i contact paul or go to kinkos)
Does anyone have the gagues for auto 88-89 w/mph that are already resized?
How do you get the gagues to stick and lay flat?

Also, ive seen some gagues where the black light is totally overpowering(you can see alot of violet), and is coming out with alot of extra light. I want to make it to wear you dont see the extra light, but all you see is the uv sensitive light glowing. Sorry if this dosent make sense. I plan on getting a small cold cathode black light to replace the over gague light. Any ideas of how to achieve this?

86LXItooFAST4me
07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
DO NOT TAKE THE TEMP AND FUEL NEEDLES OUT!

the rpm and speedo you can but the other two, just point them up. you will never get them right again if you take the fuel and temp out. its very very hard. its very easy if you just point them up.

HostileJava
07-30-2004, 03:55 PM
I've printed them out before. I ended up measuring the size of the stock gauges and then sizing the gauge faces to that. I tried installing them and it was a pain in the neck with the needles on and I was afraid to take them off.

Steve the easiest way to do it is taking it to that sticker cutting place you had the 3geez sticker made at and have them print it out on whatever color vinyl you want. Next time you come up I can pull the gauges and needle apart and put them on for you.

88accordalltheway
07-30-2004, 11:00 PM
so hostile, i should get them printed on vinyl?

HostileJava
07-31-2004, 05:06 AM
so hostile, i should get them printed on vinyl?

That's my suggestion, in the hatch when the photo stock became slightly damp from the temp changes at night it started to curl and wrinkle. Vinyl obviosly won't do that and is alot more durable then paper. Plus you have just about any color available to you, as long as the sticker/sign place you take it to is has it or is willing to order it.

k-roy
07-31-2004, 05:10 AM
Yea go to Kinko's and have them print it on Vinyl. I believe they will even do UV ink as a special order item. OF course Vinyl is a special order item as well. THe cost will not really come down unless you can get an order of at least 10. I used to work there.

88accordalltheway
07-31-2004, 09:11 AM
ok, thanks for the advice hostil and kevin, hey kevin, how much you think id be paying if i got it on vinyl at kinkos? 30 ish? more? would they beable to cut them also?

88accordalltheway
08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
bump, how much would it be?

HostileJava
08-03-2004, 05:39 AM
bump, how much would it be?

Your best bet it probably just to call your local store and have them quote it as pricing may be different at different locations.

88accordalltheway
08-03-2004, 12:28 PM
ok ill do that, hey hostile, did you ever get that pm i sent you about those knight ryder type lights?

HostileJava
08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
ok ill do that, hey hostile, did you ever get that pm i sent you about those knight ryder type lights?

Yes, I must look and see if I can get them the next time I go to autozone. That's the one your talking about right?

88accordalltheway
08-03-2004, 02:01 PM
i sent you one after that. I asked you how much i could get them from you shipped.