PDA

View Full Version : click click sound

dub88acc
07-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Alright, when i let my car sit, (meaning its off) for like more than 4 hours. When i go to turn it on all I hear this clicking sound. After i turn the key a couple of times then thats when it starts. I think its the starter but i may be wrong. If it is the starter how hard is it to replace it?

Luis 89LXi
07-30-2004, 07:10 PM
i may be the starter going bad, mine does same thing before, i took out, just remove 2 bolts 12mm i guess, be sure disconnect the battery before working.

i didnt have to replace the starter, as my brushes was ok i just clean it realy well the armature and commutator whit sandpaper they were all cover by dust.

dont forget to change the battery cable terminals they migth be worn out too.

Luis

SteveDX89
07-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Def. sounds like the starter. It's not hard to take off though. The hardest part is getting the tools and your hands in to get it out. It's got 2 bolts like Luis said and they're 12 or 14 mm.

A20A1
07-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Sometimes it's a bad key ignition swithch...

IWLSF
07-30-2004, 08:43 PM
A switch will tend to do it more intermittently, just completely random. Sounds like the solenoid is sticking. There are a few hoses in the way of it, but overall it's easy. Probably less than an hour to do.