PDA

View Full Version : Squeeking problem....

88WhiteLX-i
07-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Alright all this crap started about 3 weeks ago, after I packed 4 heavy guys in my back seat. Iam not sure if that has anything to do with my problem but I wanted to throw it out there. Anyways, after I started hearing the squeek I checked my wheel well, I noticed the upper control arm I had put in a litle while ago, the rubber ball joint was blown on it. So I went back to the parts store and i got a new one and had that put in, and Iam waiting to get my money back(just to lazy to return the defective part.) But anyways, about 4 months ago I replaced the rears, and the springs are good. So on the side that is squeeking I have a new strut and new upper control arm. I thought replacing the upper control arm would have solved my problem, but it hasn't and it still squeeks. so Iam wondering what could the problem possilbly could be....??? It happens when I go over a bump, it sounds like metal is rubbing against metal. just a light squeek, can almost barely hear it sometimes. BUt this shit is really pissing me off....

"ALL THE FUCKING MONEY I PUT INTO YOU AND YOU STILL DON"T RUN RIGHT, YOU MOther FUcker, I swear to god if you don't run right I'll slam you're bitch ass into a telephone pole and beat the shit out of you with a tire iron, you bitch cunt whore slut...(end rant)"

Dutchboy
07-22-2002, 03:38 PM
(quote)
"ALL THE FUCKING MONEY I PUT INTO YOU AND YOU STILL DON"T RUN RIGHT, YOU MOther FUcker, I swear to god if you don't run right I'll slam you're bitch ass into a telephone pole and beat the shit out of you with a tire iron, you bitch cunt whore slut...(end rant)" (end quote)

My thoughts excactyl about my car..:(

as for the squeeking could be a bushing on the control arms ....or check that all bolts have been tightened..

88WhiteLX-i
07-22-2002, 06:58 PM
I actually just had the whole upper control arm replaced today because the original one that I replaced it with, the boot had ripped on it. So I thought that replacing the upper control arm with the brand new one would fix the problem, nope fucking thing still squeeks. Dammit, is it possible it could be a worn out bushing or some shit?? has anyone at all had this problem before?? :rant: :mad:

Coitis1
07-22-2002, 07:07 PM
I can't believe I'm seeing this. I have this exact same problem with one of my wheels, an annoying squeaking. I also thought replacing my upper control arms would have fixed it but it didn't and I'm still looking for an answer. Can someone please help us both out with this problem?? thanks...

AccordSEi
07-22-2002, 07:36 PM
I had the same problem with my SE-i. Both front side were squeeking. I did the prelude arm install and they still squeeked! I finally got my lowering springs and put them in and the squeeks are GONE!. It ended up being the springs! The one on the drivers side was actually broken. I have had these springs on my car for about 5 months now and no squeeks at all.

88WhiteLX-i
07-22-2002, 07:48 PM
It's possible that it is my springs, but I had new struts put in the rear about 3-4 months ago, and if they were bad Iam sure they would've told me. Iam thinking of putting spacers in my rear springs, does anyone know if that would work? the friggin squeeking is making me go nuts!!:mad: I replaced the struts with brand new springs in the front and the front is perfect... That would really fucking blow golf balls if I have to have my fucking springs replaced. I mean I should've just replaced them when I origanally replaced the struts.:crying: :crying: Oh man I will NEVER make that mistake again. If I ever need springs again in my life on any car Iam buying new fucking springs to put in as well. :rant: So does anyone know if those spacers will work or if I have to fork over more of my hard Earned Cash money to take my new struts back out again and put faggit new springs around them...:sadwave:

munkeexxx
07-23-2002, 09:03 AM
i had the same thing too. in my 89lxi four door i just sprayed sum wd40 all over the joint thing and the squeaking stopped...i dont know much bout cars thats why i call it the joint thing...but you can tell me what it is if yah want....

accordboricua
07-23-2002, 07:09 PM
I have the same problem with one of my rear wheels. Every time I go over a bump....squeeeeak!!!!...Im tired of it. I came from the rear left wheel well. So I changed the spring with the strut to the right side. Now the squeak come from the right side. Conclusion...it's the spring. Need some money to get new ones...for now...I just turn up the music so I dont hear the F...squeak.

88WhiteLX-i
07-23-2002, 07:36 PM
does anyone know why the spring squeeks? I mean does the squeek mean it is old or worn out or some crap? Or is it all possible that the squeek could be coming from another source other than the spring, such as a bushing or anything like that. It's gonna really suck if I have to pay my mechanic another $50 bucks a side to put new springs back in..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Coitis1
07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
i'm gonna try spraying some wd40 on it but i don't know where to spray, can someone help me out??

88WhiteLX-i
07-24-2002, 09:09 PM
if you something really wrong with your car like one of your spring physically broken then you can spray whatever the hell you want wherever you want but, it won't do shit. once again that's my .02 cents

accordboricua
07-26-2002, 04:10 PM
I got rid of the F....squeak!!! I took out the spring...it was the bolt that holds the top washer. It was so dry that is caused the squeaking...I put some grease around it...put it back on and that's all.

88WhiteLX-i
07-28-2002, 06:17 PM
I doubt that it's my washer on top, because when I had my sister sit in the back on the side that squeeks, it sounded to me like the tire was rubbing in the fender wall. It's really hard to believe since I just replaced the strut. So Iam almost certain that the spring is fucked. Iam also not sure if I blew my new strut?? I did have 4 big dudes in my backseat. I think that's what did it. Does anyone know if overloading your car once can blow out your new struts?? or am I lucky and just have to replace the springs??? Please some one help me out on this. It's got me fucking pissed Iam ready to just have my rear struts completely taken out and buy another set with brand new springs and have them put in all over again. WTF!?!???!? ARRRGGGG....

accordboricua
07-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Damn...the squeak is back again...conclusion...it's the strut. This weekend I'm gettin new ones.

88WhiteLX-i
07-31-2002, 01:12 PM
The thing with me is that I replaced my struts breand new, but I didn't replace the springs. Iam almost certain that the spring is broken, because I had the upper control arm replaced because it was broken and it is still squeeking. Does anyone here have this problem, they replaced their struts, but used the same springs, and know they can hear squeeking?? because Iam not sure if it's worth it to have the new struts ripped back out again, and then have the springs replaced.

AccordSEi
07-31-2002, 02:10 PM
All I know is I had a terrible squeaking problem in the front, so I got new struts....still squeaked. Did the prelude a-arm mod......still squeaked. Got new springs....have not had a squeak since.

88WhiteLX-i
07-31-2002, 05:26 PM
Yeah I had squeeking in my front too, I knew the struts were blown. When my mechanic finally pulled them of, the spring was actually broken at a couple of points, and the spring had twisted and was rubbing on the side of the strut in the middle. So that's what was making the squeeking sound. It was the damn spring rubbing against the strut. But my rear is different, I had my struts replaced and the springs were reused, and the springs aren't rubbing against the strut because I checked. But is it possible that the spring is sagging or some shit or just no good no more and just squeeks every time it compresses??? Because that's what I think it is, the damn spring compressing and squeeking. But it's just my theory.

accordboricua
08-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Did U changed the struts urself? Cause if the springs vere broken you would have seen it.

88WhiteLX-i
08-01-2002, 10:34 AM
no I didn't change the struts myself, my mechanic did it. My dad actually brought my car there and watched the guy do the whole thing. He was standing right next to him the whole time. And if the springs were broken Iam sure he would've saw or the mechanic would've told him. But Iam just wondering if the springs could just be worn out, like not physicaly broken, but just so worn out every time they compress they squeek??