PDA

View Full Version : a20 kicked the bucket

RedneckRicer
07-30-2004, 11:47 PM
so about two hours ago i'm driving home and one of my connecting rods decides it doesn't need to do its job anymore and starts knocking like a bastard. its bad enough i don't wanna drive it to even get it home. then i remembered that friend said something about knowing where some honda motors were for sale. i called the guy ( roughly midnight ) and the guy with the motors was there. there are two complete LS-integra motors ( 90-93) and a b18 block. he had no use for them, needed to get rid of them, so they're gonna bring em over tomorrow for 200 bucks. which from pricing b18 stuff, thats a helluva buy on a b18 longblock. so what would i have to do in order to put an LS-Vtec head on the normal LS motor? i know it'd be a different ECU but what about the wiring harness? can i make the factory gauges work with the different motor? I'm thinking about putting the LS motor in the car now, and building the other LS motor. but is it worthing doing the wiring once and then having to Redo it to run a vtec harness ( if its different? ) HELP!

ps. i know about all the stuff i'm gonna need from place racing ( and their non-functional site )

k-roy
07-31-2004, 02:08 AM
LS VTec is not that hard a swap from what I have read.
Try looking at the other site I am on, its for 90-93 Integra's
www.g2ic.com