PDA

View Full Version : B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

carotman
07-31-2004, 12:00 PM
As many of you already know, the USDM Accord equipped with the A20AX engine came with axles of 2 different length. The left side axle is almost 2 times longer than the right side axle. This is because the transmission is placed on the right side of the car. That kind of setup is not bad but not ideal for higher performance engines like the B20A. The way to get rid of torque steer is to use an intermediate shaft and equal length axles. Honda used that kind of setup on the B20A. This shaft is placed between the transmission and the driveshaft itself making it virtually an extension of the transmission.

A lot of people buying B20A from engine importers will not get the proper intermediate shaft for their engine or will not get any shaft at all. Some people got an automatic B20A shaft for their manual transmissions because the manual is so rare. The problem is that the automatic halfshaft will not work with a manual transmission because it is longer than the manual shaft.

Fortunately, I found a way to get around this. All of the B20A intermediate shaft parts are available in America (except 2, marked in bold).

Here is an exploded view of the B20A intermediate shaft with their corresponding part numbers
http://pages.infinit.net/omus/halfshaft.jpg
Parts in red are not available in America
2- 44510-SF1-000 SHAFT, HALF $101.98 Manual Transmission
2- 44510-SE0-980 SHAFT, HALF ¥9300 ~ $83.46 Automatic Transmission
3- 44511-SE0-980 SUPPORT ¥3700 ~ $33.20
4- 90102-SF1-010 BOLT, FLANGE (10X1.5) ¥205 ~ $1.84
5- 90165-SE0-000 BOLT, FLANGE (10X37) $1.74
6- 91057-SD9-008 BEARING, HALF SHAFT $23.54
7- 91260-SD9-013 SEAL, HALF SHAFT $7.30
8- 91262-SE0-003 SEAL, HALF SHAFT $9.96
9- 94510-40000 CIRCLIP (40MM) $0.90
10- 94520-68000 CIRCLIP (68MM) $2.26

I took all the prices from www.torringtonhonda.com
All the matching USDM part numbers are from an 88-89 Honda Prelude 2.0Si with a B20A5 engine

To have a fully functional B20a intermediate shaft, all you need to do is order the halfshaft support P.N. 44511-SE0-980 (#3 on the picture) from Japan and put it on a B20A5 Prelude shaft. The rest is absolutely the same. If you got an automatic shaft with your manual transmission, keep your support and bearing. just replace the shaft (#2 on the picture) with a Prelude shaft. You do not need to order anything from Japan.

Unfortunately, if you have an automatic transmission and need the intermediate shaft, the automatic transmission shaft will have to be ordered from Japan with the proper support. Since most of people here want manual transmissions on their B20A, it's less of a problem.

The bolt #4 on the picture can be replaced with a Prelude bolt too. The part number is not important for this one.

Once you have your B20A intermediate shaft ready, you will need to use another right side axle as your left side axle. Remember, we're using equal length axles here. This is why we'll be using a right side axle on the left side.

However, you will run into a small problem. The Accord inner joint has splines only about half of the joint length while the JDM inner joint has splines on it's full length.

http://carotman.no-ip.com:8888/personal_site/tech/B20A_halfshafts/Cardans.jpg
The USDM joint is on the left while the JDM joint in on the right.

If you read the whole story so far, you now know that the B20A shaft is the same as a B20A5 shaft (Prelude 2.0SI 88-89). This also means that the inner left side CV joint is the same.

The Accord and Prelude used the same outer joint.

The part number is : 44310-SB2-983 JOINT, INBOARD $220.76

I'm sure you noticed how expensive this joint is. This is because Honda sells the whole inner joint. You cannot buy the outer shell with the full length splines.

I suggest that you hit the junkyard and look for busted Prelude left side CV joints. You can then swap the outer joint from the Prelude on your Accord right side joint.
While you're at it, if you got an auto intermediate shaft with your manual B20A, grab the Prelude one for a couple of bucks and install the Accord support on it.

Voila! you can now use equal length axles on your B20A.

N.B. This information does not apply to the A20A. The A20A engine does not have any place on the engine to bolt the halfshaft.

adams86lxi
07-31-2004, 12:41 PM
good info carot but im still confused! i have a manuel b20a and i have the auto b20a intermediate shaft. So what exacltly would i need to get this to work? Thanks!

carotman
07-31-2004, 12:54 PM
buy a manual B20A5 Prelude intermediate shaft and inner joint from the junkyard. Take away the shaft support from your Automatic B20A shaft and intall it on the Prelude shaft. Check the bearings and keep the newer one. They are the same anyway

Then, take a right side Accord axle and put the prelude inner joint on it. This will make a JDM left side axle :p

Hope it's clearer now hehe.

truetune
07-31-2004, 01:23 PM
thats some good info. for future refrence.

adams86lxi
07-31-2004, 01:57 PM
buy a manual B20A5 Prelude intermediate shaft and inner joint from the junkyard. Take away the shaft support from your Automatic B20A shaft and intall it on the Prelude shaft. Check the bearings and keep the newer one. They are the same anyway

Then, take a right side Accord axle and put the prelude inner joint on it. This will make a JDM left side axle :p

Hope it's clearer now hehe.

alright cool! thanks for the help!

Gregg86DX
07-31-2004, 07:38 PM
carotman, you are a B20A God among men! This is exactly the info I was looking for! I was hoping some USDM pieces would interchange, but I have not had a chance to do the research myself. Thank you!!! If you ever make it out to Oregon, I've got cold beer (local good stuff even) with your name on it.

I even know where a 90 Prelude SI (with it's engine still installed) is waiting in a U-Pull-It for me.

Gregg

skiingco
07-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Make that a cold beer waiting for you in Fort Bragg, NC as well. Your timing is perfect. Should I get mine running Sunday, with another B20A savior's help, my next step was the shafts so I could get this thing out of the driveway for some street movement while I work on the transmission mount issue. I am lucky in that my half shaft came with my B20A, but the seal needed replacing; now I have the part number. Gregg, if you pull that engine, I will definitely pay you for the trans mount by the firewall
Chris

Ichiban
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Just out of curiosity, would this work in a 2nd gen with a B20A and two short SE-i axles which have the same spline pattern as the 3gee? Also, could a bracket be fabricated to adapt the steady bearing to an A-series? I'm sure it could but I'm just not sure about the availability of mounting points.

carotman
08-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Yes, this would work with a 2nd gen. The goal is to have equal length axles. The length of the axles themselves is unimportant (to a certain point).

Ichiban
08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Thats what I thought, as the CV length is outside of the Intermediate shaft system and therefore doesn't matter. Stupid question, but the B20A bits do have the same spline size as the 3rd gen accord, right?

AccordB20A
04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
just thought id throw this out there but i had a bent half shaft and i used one off a jdm 3g civic Si (dohc zc with the CG gearbox..might be the same as your d16 1g tegs) you just gotta swap the bit where it bolts onto the engine block. so far its working perfectly... same length and same splines as the b2k5 accord b20a gearbox..correct me if im wrong :)

carotman
04-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Nice info. So far, the 3G Accord, 3g Prelude and 1G integra have the same shaft. Just the part that bolts to the engine that's different.

2oodoor
03-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Does the 1G integra have the longer splines on the inner joint as shown in the first post?

carotman
03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
In fact, every Honda that has a male halfshaft has long splines. You just have to make sure that the shaft diameter is the same.

AccordB20A
03-28-2008, 06:18 PM
indeed. but aparently a18 got a right axle to fit into the half shaft somehow :s

2oodoor
03-29-2008, 03:03 AM
indeed. but aparently a18 got a right axle to fit into the half shaft somehow :s

From what I understand here, you can do that but the splines are so short it could possibly pop out?

http://carotman.no-ip.com:8888/personal_site/tech/B20A_halfshafts/Cardans.jpg

carotman
03-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Hmmm, from what I remember, if you use the short splines, it won't go all the way in.

2oodoor
03-29-2008, 10:29 AM
yep , that absolutley makes sense....
I found several at the JY today, I thought I took everything I needed to get Lude upper arms and the shaft, EXCEPT the dam axle nut socket. I was PO. it is a long ride to the yard!
If you get a reman halfshaft for a 3 gen prelude or 1gen integra, does it not come with that long spline? Can it be used just like it is on this Accord?

carotman
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
The prelude shaft assembly isn't the same length as the Accord. I don't remember which one is shorter. When I busted my axle, I just used another hybrid I made. I bought a reman axle for an 86-89 Accord and went to the junkyard to buy a "core" axle that had a busted outer joint.

bullard123
04-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I just ran into this problem also. Carotnman can I use anything off of my A20A3 driver's side axle or does everything have to come from the prelude??

carotman
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
The only thing that needs to come off the prelude is the outer joint.

2oodoor
04-14-2008, 03:31 AM
The only thing that needs to come off the prelude is the outer joint.

you are confusing the hellaotta me, do you mean inner joint? the one that has the male yoke with the long splines to slide up in the intermediate assembly?
why would we need an outer joint? so you are saying the outer joint is long splined and fits into the hub but you can turn it around to fit the intermediate? what about the other end that actually fits into the intermediate of a prelude?
So what about the 1st gen integra whole axle on the driver's LH side, I know you said you used a later model teg but you only used the inner yoke joint?
sorry man , but I thought I had this right already, I need to know for sure before I buy stuff I do not need.

bullard123
04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
you are confusing the hellaotta me, do you mean inner joint? the one that has the male yoke with the long splines to slide up in the intermediate assembly?
why would we need an outer joint? so you are saying the outer joint is long splined and fits into the hub but you can turn it around to fit the intermediate? what about the other end that actually fits into the intermediate of a prelude?
So what about the 1st gen integra whole axle on the driver's LH side, I know you said you used a later model teg but you only used the inner yoke joint?
sorry man , but I thought I had this right already, I need to know for sure before I buy stuff I do not need.

I went to the junkyard and looked at the prelude driver's side axle and intemediate shaft. It looks like you just need to use the intermediate shaft from the prelude and slide your passenger side axle from the accord into the intermediate shaft from the prelude.

2oodoor
04-15-2008, 04:35 AM
See post #16, the picture shows that the splines are not machined all the way down the shaft on usdm Accords.
I know from the outside it looks like it will work, but no.

bullard123
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Passenger side accord axle

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1995/img0310qk9.jpg
Driver's side prelude manual axle
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9173/img0308jw1.jpg
Prelude intermediate shaft
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/817/img0309xn8.jpg
Prelude axle and accord axle together
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1939/img0311kw6.jpg

bullard123
04-15-2008, 09:25 AM
yep , that absolutley makes sense....
I found several at the JY today, I thought I took everything I needed to get Lude upper arms and the shaft, EXCEPT the dam axle nut socket. I was PO. it is a long ride to the yard!
If you get a reman halfshaft for a 3 gen prelude or 1gen integra, does it not come with that long spline? Can it be used just like it is on this Accord?
Nope they don't sell the intermediate shaft at any part stores. I went looking for one yesterday

2oodoor
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Nope they don't sell the intermediate shaft at any part stores. I went looking for one yesterday

am I speaking some sort of foreign language? I never said intermediate shaft I said halfshaft, in other words the reman shaft with the two cv joints on it.
If you have even read any of this thread you would already know you do not buy interemediate shafts at parts houses.

I think that misunderstood and mistaken terminology is one of the biggest headaches of this particular swap.

2oodoor
04-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Why did'nt you place these side by side in the same direction they were, it would be a lot better for us to tell the difference..
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1939/img0311kw6.jpg

bullard123
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
am I speaking some sort of foreign language? I never said intermediate shaft I said halfshaft, in other words the reman shaft with the two cv joints on it.
If you have even read any of this thread you would already know you do not buy interemediate shafts at parts houses.

I think that misunderstood and mistaken terminology is one of the biggest headaches of this particular swap.

Hey its all good man don't get bent all outta shape. Yeah I misunderstood you but that was my fault. I call them diver's side axles or passenger side axles

2oodoor
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Im not bent,, lol,, sorry man. I have been banging my head over all of these b20 threads anyway.

2oodoor
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
regarding that picture of yours, it looks like the prelude axle is very close to a direct fit, why don't they? spline count on the hub side?
If you would take a picture of them with both on hub side out, we could see how they look.
I heard they pop out, like an inch or so different in length or something, maybe Carotman will come soon and reitterate.. lol

bullard123
04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
regarding that picture of yours, it looks like the prelude axle is very close to a direct fit, why don't they? spline count on the hub side?
If you would take a picture of them with both on hub side out, we could see how they look.
I heard they pop out, like an inch or so different in length or something, maybe Carotman will come soon and reitterate.. lol
Yes they look close. I'll take another pic of them soon. And yes Im gonna try to install the whole axle with the intermediate shaft to see if it fits

bullard123
04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
The two are really close but like Caotman said the splines on the prelude axle are slightly longer. Accord axle is at the top
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7680/img0312by7.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/235/img0313fx5.jpg

carotman
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
As you can see, the prelude axle is a bit shorter. It could work but I didn't want to take any chances.

The Accord axle will not go all the way in because the splines are only on half it's length. That's why I said you have to use the prelude inner joint with the Accord axle.

bullard123
04-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I found out also that my A20 exhaust has 2 holes for the intermediate shaft to mount. Does anyone think that Honda knew that this swap would be done?? Ha ha makes me wonder
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4820/img0315gl4.jpg

A18A
04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
the exhaust has a mount thingy to the block, not the half shaft. if thats what i think you're trying to say anyway. not sure

bullard123
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
the exhaust has a mount thingy to the block, not the half shaft. if thats what i think you're trying to say anyway. not sure

Yeah it looks like the holes from the prelude intermediate shaft lines up with those holes in the exhaust. Im not sure but I'll know this weekend

bullard123
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
So Carotman all I need to make this work is #3 from the picture with a prelude intermediate shaft and a accord passenger side axle with the prelude spline?

bullard123
04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Carotman do you know how to seperate the auto shaft from the axle? A18 is trying to figure it out

carotman
04-21-2008, 05:03 PM
So Carotman all I need to make this work is #3 from the picture with a prelude intermediate shaft and a accord passenger side axle with the prelude spline?

Yes, all you really need from a JDM car is #3

Carotman do you know how to seperate the auto shaft from the axle? A18 is trying to figure it out

Usually you just need to pull on it

2oodoor
04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
bullard I hope you are not planning on mounting your int. shaft on the exhaust downpipe flange !

AccordB20A
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
yeah all that exhaust bolt hole thing is for a bracket that bolts in betwen there and the block. yours has been removed, i also remove mine cause its a load of rubbish.

bullard have you sorted out your half shaft? im pretty damn onto it when it comes to accord axles. i have ran two right hand side A20 axles on my b20a without problems. just have to swap the inners so the one with the long splines goes into the half shaft and the other one into the gear box. have you got a half shaft there?? AT or MT?

bullard123
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah I got the accord half shaft and the prelude half shaft. But I need the shaft support to bolt it up

AccordB20A
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
So you dont have the metal bit that bolts to the block and holds the half shaft on

2oodoor
04-24-2008, 03:48 AM
i have ran two right hand side A20 axles on my b20a without problems. just have to swap the inners so the one with the long splines goes into the half shaft and the other one into the gear box.

OMG, can you break it down some, this is confusing yet again "inners" huh?
thanks in advance

bullard123
04-24-2008, 03:49 AM
So you dont have the metal bit that bolts to the block and holds the half shaft on
Exactly! A18 had a hard time getting his off. Do you have one laying around?

carotman
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
if you want to separate the shaft from the bracket, you need to remove a circlip

AccordB20A
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
another mate if mine needs one too. maybe ill see what i have in the way of halfshafts next time i am at mums
i removed the circlip and pulled out an auto axle to replace it with a DOHC ZC MT shaft and it worked

bullard123
05-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Carotman do you have any contact info or website info for anyone who sells just the half-shaft support?

bullard123
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
As you can see, the prelude axle is a bit shorter. It could work but I didn't want to take any chances.

The Accord axle will not go all the way in because the splines are only on half it's length. That's why I said you have to use the prelude inner joint with the Accord axle.
Carotman what tools will I need to change switch the prelude inner joint to the accord axle??

AccordB20A
05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
i have an auto one on my auto box. if i wasnt so lazy i would swap the AT support with the manual one and send you the AT one

bullard123
05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
i have an auto one on my auto box. if i wasnt so lazy i would swap the AT support with the manual one and send you the AT one

Cool. No prob bro. I have the intermediate shaft. I was just wondering how to switch the prelude spline onto the accord axle. I figured it out it was pretty easy. I just gottta post pics now to help out future B20A swappers

2oodoor
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
mine had the whole Int. shaft assy intact since it has an auto attached to it and I realized as well that the yokes were sticking in it so all I have to do is swap the A20 short side axle on both sides and change the end on the left side.
Im still playing with the A20 that is in the car, I am ready to get started though.

bullard123
05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
OK here we go
Took the A20 end off
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5756/img0373gg7.jpg
Here is a pic of the A20 axle with the spline off
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9132/img0372pu0.jpg
Prelude spline on Accord axle
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7982/img0375fz9.jpg

AccordB20A
05-28-2008, 05:59 PM
yeah. thats how i do all my engine swaps. pull that inner joint apart, saves removing the housing from the gearbox and draining the gearbox oil. saves a whole lotta time :)

2oodoor
05-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Curious as to how you tooled up to get that swapped, a little short how to on that would be great.
Good idea with the pics man!

bullard123
05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Its really simple. I thought it was going to be harder lol. Tools you will need

1. Small pair of vice grips
2. Small flat tip screwdriver
3. Hammer (optional)

If you look in the last pic I posted there is a steel wrap around piece that holds the spline onto the joints. I just used the small vice grip to pull that piece off of the accord axle. After you take that piece off the spline slides right off the joint. Make sure you keep that piece because you will use it to clamp the prelude spline onto the accord axle. Now on the prelude axle the steel clamp piece is different. I used a small flat tip screwdriver and a hammer to tap that one off. If you have any problems just take the screwdriver underneath the steel piece and pry it off. It doesn't matter if you damage it because you will use the accord steel piece anyway. Thats pretty much it

2oodoor
05-29-2008, 07:09 AM
it has been a while since I reconditioned any CV axles, I usually just buy reman units. Back in the day, LOL I remember it being a lot harder than that. I guess replacing actual joint in the shaft is harder to deal with, otherwise it just slips into that yoke housing.

bullard123
06-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Here is a pic of the all too rare. B20A manual intermediateshaft!

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9257/img0375hb6.jpg
Here is a pic of the correct shaft support
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4635/img0376cv5.jpg

b20a86lude
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/52/652/6/45/11/2186645110084712684MKpvDM_th.jpg

2oodoor
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
you made this stuff sound so easy Bullard, these axles are a PITA to deal with. I cant get the outer spline off my newer A20 long axle to use it on the short axle. I am going to have to use the junkyard one which popped right off, just dont know how many miles are on it. I finally found some stainless steel zip ties to secure the boot.
I have always just bought reman axles shafts so this is not being easy. I am using a passenger side Accord axle with prelude inner joint and outer joint then. /These CV are different, some have three big roller bearings and some have ball bearings in cased with ball socket doo hickeys.

bullard123
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
you made this stuff sound so easy Bullard, these axles are a PITA to deal with. I cant get the outer spline off my newer A20 long axle to use it on the short axle. I am going to have to use the junkyard one which popped right off, just dont know how many miles are on it. I finally found some stainless steel zip ties to secure the boot.
I have always just bought reman axles shafts so this is not being easy. I am using a passenger side Accord axle with prelude inner joint and outer joint then. /These CV are different, some have three big roller bearings and some have ball bearings in cased with ball socket doo hickeys.

Did you get any of the joints seperated from the axle yet? If you have too many problems I have a spare one here that I can make Jdm and send it to you

2oodoor
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I think I will be able to manage. I couldnt get the outer joint off the long axle but the one on the JY prelude axle came right off with one smack. I just have to buy another boot kit and hopefully that joint is ok, it was not dry or anything.

2oodoor
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
What happens if you dont use a clip on the outer joint? clip keeps sliding down.
Also on the inboard , the splines will not go in the intermediate female end with a round metal clip, does a square round type clip go there, how about no clip.. help.
I know this is elementary stuff I should know with all my experience but I am just fed up with wrestling this thing.

bullard123
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok. How far have you got so far? Do you have the prelude spline on the accord axle yet? When you say clip are you referring to the steel piece I have pictured above? If you can post pics of the problems you are having, I can steer you in the right direction

2oodoor
09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I have it all assembled.. basically.
On mine the int. shaft is on the motor already, that is not a problem.
I have the prelude inner joint on the accord right side type axle shaft. The outer joint will not snap on the shaft because the ring keeps sliding up . The inner joint wont go into the int. shaft becasue it feels like the splines are different but it is because the ring is on it. I do not have it with me today , will take pic of it later today or tommorrow.

2oodoor
10-27-2008, 04:12 AM
what are you guys doing about the vibration damper made on the A20 axles? Would it hurt to just leave it off, mine is awefully close to the fork.
I used a 5 speed passenger side axle with a prelude inner joint w/spline , put on the driver's side into the intermediate shaft.

carotman
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I just left mine there. It's close to the fork but not hitting anything more than it is on the left side.

AccordB20A
10-27-2008, 07:01 PM
hit it with a hammer it should move lol

skolapper
09-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah i have a ball joint separater from sears and i think it will do just fine, should i buy the half shaft from honda for some ridiculus amount i am guessing, or should i just get a replacement for less?

b20a86lude
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
i have a big big big problem does anyone think that they can fix it.
i have the jdm half shft but the bearing is fucked... badly so i ordered a new bearing from honda america 89 prelude si hlaf shft bearing. but this axle guy told me it cant be done . because there is a lip and the old wont come out. and the new one has 2 bearings and only one fits. which is unaviable. and my new bearing if i do get it in . which he swears wont go in because of the lip wont work . if i mangage to get it in. he said with in 200miles the bearing will wind and then crap out, and lots of nosie. but he just assumes this, but he didnt actuallt try anything cuz he tells me it would be a waste of time.

i got the axle toatally disambled and have the inner race of the bearign out but not the outer race.,
does anyone have or can help me with tis im wiling to send it to someone if they can fix it for me. im paying.

carotman
11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Is the outer race still intact? You can just bang on the part where the balls roll with a hammer and a punch. It should come out easily. Make sure you remove the circlip first :D

Versanick
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM

My accord is lowered (3-4") and I think a shorter axle would be just fine in my b20a hatch.

I think those Prelude axles should fit just fine, if they are almost the same length?

Since we need a full spline anyway, I might as well just use that axle if my car is already lowered that much!

RobT5580
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
My accord is lowered (3-4") and I think a shorter axle would be just fine in my b20a hatch.

I think those Prelude axles should fit just fine, if they are almost the same length?

Since we need a full spline anyway, I might as well just use that axle if my car is already lowered that much!

I was wondering if you were still around......Anything new with your hatch?

Versanick
03-22-2012, 05:37 AM
I was wondering if you were still around......Anything new with your hatch?

My accord has in the past few years gone OBD1 (we used a wiring harness for converting an EF Civic to obd1 - but can't figure out our check engine codes, 9 and 14 - but it doesn't seem to affect much), it's been revving to 8500+ (first gear, 8k for second, etc, works great)

Probably in the low 200's horsepower to the flywheel

Beat a brand new mustang GT with pipes at the 1/8 drags this past summer

Put in a stage 4 clutch disc

Broke both axles (throwing new ones in this weekend I hope, since it's UNSEASONABLY warm here in NY)

Now bought a BLOX 68mm throttle body (since the LS 58mm one on there is super small probably for the cams and intake manifold and head job that is on that car). Hoping to have some higher-RPM power with the new throttle body (yeah it's pretty big - but also considering an electric supercharger this summer).

I bought the 89 Accord AT axle, and I'm going to use the inner joint that's on there