PDA

View Full Version : B series inlet manifolds

2ndgenludedude1986
07-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Im sorry if this has been posted before. i have been searching and reading for about a hour on this site lookign for definite info on this swap. i have a carbed prelude. im rebuildinga a20a3 bottom end and plan on using a a20a1 head, and i have read that a b series inlet manifold can be bolted up to the a20 head. id like to get a b serises inlet mani suited for duale weber DCOE 45's. now my question is what all needs to be done? i have read that only holes at the bottom of the manifodl need to be redrilled. is that it? how does the weber b series mani sit? is it level or is it sloped that it wont work right? do any studs need to be added or pulled fomr teh a20 head? anyhelp would be apreciated! thanks guys!

oh and where can i find a b seies inlet mani. preferably a b16 one. i cant seem to find one anywhere, and i know they are made.

shepherd79
08-01-2004, 04:32 PM
since you are going with DCOE, you don't need B16 manifold.
any B series manifolds that designed to work with DCOE will do. the problem may be with the way they will lean. i think for DCOE you have to have sertain pitch of the intake, and since B series motors lean back a little, the pitch is bigger. So by the time you fit it on A series, it may be too much. don't get me wrong, but i don't think that anyone has done anything like this so far. so if you can pull it off, you will be the first one with B series intake manifold and webers DCOE carbs.

if you want intake manifold look here http://www.carbs.net/Weber/Dataresults.asp
this are the kits, that come with intake manifold and webers all together.
good luck.

2ndgenludedude1986
08-01-2004, 05:57 PM
yea thats what i meant, finding a b serise weber inlet mani. are the b18 and b16 inlet manis the same. and for the webers i think they have to be set 0-3 degrees for order of them to work corectly. my buddie has a b16 and it sits pretty leval. so i dont think that woudl be a problem. i was just goign to get my a18 bored to fit the a20 and try and find a intake mani, but the a20 head has a lil better flow form what ive been reading. and also cheapr than having the head bored. thanks for the link!

2ndgenludedude1986
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
i cant find a b seieris intake mani for dcoes on there.

shepherd79
08-02-2004, 03:34 AM
it is a part of deal package they have. you have to buy all at ones. and you have look under acura.
i don't think they sell just the intake manifold.
if you don't find it, you may as well start making your own. you can use aluminim piping and use ALUMALOY to weld.

SteveDX89
08-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Dude, B-series does not lean back. How many times have you seen my engine? I can get my oil filter and alternator out from the top.

Civvy
08-09-2004, 02:38 AM
The B20 leans forward on the 2nd gen Ludes and the Accords!!
The Acura integra inlet for twin dcoe's is available at Piercemanifolds.com. that works and it should be an easy fit!
By the sounds of your plans with the motor, i'd be tempted to just get a used accord a20 and drop it straight in that way youve then got the 2.0L and for definate the intake manifold stud pattern u need. or if your skeptical about the used engine from the junkyard hone it a buy new pistons, still that will be cheaper than boring and having the combustion chambers in the head machined out!!?
Are you certain that particular head will fit your a18 block cos not all of them will depending on yourengine code!!
I'm woking on the same idea actually but for the B20 (same stud pattern)
Ever thought about using your stock twin carbs on the 2.0L? the 3rd gen B20a4 runs the same carbs as yours but, i dont know if they might be a little bigger! might be worth checking that out?
I've just installed the twin cam engine and im running the stock accord manifold and downdraught carb - shit!. and was considering having the flanges swapped to try my old A18 carbs!
Got lots of ideas for this engine but, $'s are tied up in travelling at the mo!

A20A1
08-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Dude, B-series does not lean back. How many times have you seen my engine? I can get my oil filter and alternator out from the top.

Either way the b-series leans or doesn't... the fact is it's not at the same angle as the a20, so either the manifold or the motor angle will have to be adjusted regaurdless. Unless you decide to go with the quad tb's

2ndgenludedude1986
08-09-2004, 12:56 PM
The B20 leans forward on the 2nd gen Ludes and the Accords!!
The Acura integra inlet for twin dcoe's is available at Piercemanifolds.com. that works and it should be an easy fit!
By the sounds of your plans with the motor, i'd be tempted to just get a used accord a20 and drop it straight in that way youve then got the 2.0L and for definate the intake manifold stud pattern u need. or if your skeptical about the used engine from the junkyard hone it a buy new pistons, still that will be cheaper than boring and having the combustion chambers in the head machined out!!?
Are you certain that particular head will fit your a18 block cos not all of them will depending on yourengine code!!
I'm woking on the same idea actually but for the B20 (same stud pattern)
Ever thought about using your stock twin carbs on the 2.0L? the 3rd gen B20a4 runs the same carbs as yours but, i dont know if they might be a little bigger! might be worth checking that out?
I've just installed the twin cam engine and im running the stock accord manifold and downdraught carb - shit!. and was considering having the flanges swapped to try my old A18 carbs!
Got lots of ideas for this engine but, $'s are tied up in travelling at the mo!

yes i havea a20a3 forma accord LXI. i was gogin to get the a18 head bored and run the stock a18 carbs on it. but i decited to get a a1 head and run dual webers on it. i foudna manifodl by the way. it was custom built for the a20. needs some cleaning up a nd soem work makign it look nice . but its right for the price.

are the b20a4 carbs the same? i have been wonderign abotu that and the intake mani working on our a18 enignes.

Civvy
08-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Jammie git! can't you find me one!!?
I dont know if the b20a4 carbs are bigger thats why i asked you!
I know the b20a4 mani will def. not fit the accord head. not sure about the ole a18 head but, we wouldn't of needed it anyways cos the carbs were rubber mounted to the mani. if u remember!
How u doing for hood clearance with Webers? i think i said i've installed the twin cam engine now and it leans even further forward than yours - which is even more of an ass. but, iv'e also fitted the S.I. hood to which has the higher middle section, giving me a little more room.
Rjudgy on p.power and hpoa has bored the a18 and he;s running 45's on it he's made some serious mods to his engines and uses the car for drag!