PDA

View Full Version : Crank Bolt pat on A20 & B20

86LXItooFAST4me
08-01-2004, 08:39 AM
im sure it wont work but check THIS OUT (http://www.azracemachine.com/CrankGirdle.htm)

will that fit the A20?

k-roy
08-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Are you digging into my brain? Im gonna pick up one of those in the not so far future.

One thing about B series engines. The VTEC models come with those stock. If you add one to a LS you need a VTEC model Oil pan for extra clearance. So if it was to fit the A20 you would more than likely need a new oil pan to accomidate it.

Anyways I think that would be a waste of money for the A20, its cast Iron. THe B is aluminum so extra strength is always a concern with those.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-01-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah but extra strength never hurt anything either :D

im planning on a turbo and maybe some N2O on top of that so i wanted the bottum end to be as strong as possible. the stock oil pan can not be modded?

k-roy
08-01-2004, 10:02 AM
I dunno if you could modify the oilpan to fit, maybe add a 1 inch spacer.
Still I don't think there is a point on the A20. The B series has removable Cylinder walls that like to walk around under high rpm, high boost scenerios. THe A20 is a solid piece of Iron, you can't get much stronger than that when it comes to a block.

You should get ahold of Sean or JohnnyO to see what they think. They are the A20 Turbo experts.

Oyvind Ryeng
08-01-2004, 10:08 AM
About bottom ends, the only thing you need to worry about are the pistons and rods. With forged ones, the only thing you have to to is to _not_ rev the piss out of it, and it will last a long time. RPM's are in my opinion more dangerous than cylinder pressures, at least with a long-stroke engine like the A20.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-01-2004, 10:41 AM
yeah, IC now. thanks guys.

SteveDX89
08-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Are you digging into my brain? Im gonna pick up one of those in the not so far future.

One thing about B series engines. The VTEC models come with those stock. If you add one to a LS you need a VTEC model Oil pan for extra clearance. So if it was to fit the A20 you would more than likely need a new oil pan to accomidate it.

Anyways I think that would be a waste of money for the A20, its cast Iron. THe B is aluminum so extra strength is always a concern with those.

My engine doesn't have one.

k-roy
08-01-2004, 11:08 AM
My engine doesn't have one.
Really? Mabe its just the Cs