PDA

View Full Version : Sparking pulley?

ahbeyra
08-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I think it is a very good possibility that i will be needing to replace my water pump... i was backing into my space..(because real men back into their spaces hehe) and i started to see a little smoke coming from under the hood. and a slight squeal. out of no where it went into a really loud squeel and smoke poured out of the hood, so i shut it off and called AAA. when the guy got there he decided it would be fun to see if it was actually not moving... dumbass... anyway, it popped and crackled slightly and started to spark behind the pulley.... now, what i want to know is exactly how hard it is to remove it... i get the feeling that its going to be a pain, but everywhere i look they make it look so simple... i guess it depends on what tools you have and how small of hands... or something.. looks difficult to me, or difficult to get to. and does anyone know about how much a new one will cost off hand?

-Kelley

Bigmaxxin
08-01-2004, 10:13 PM
i had to replace my water pump, it being the first thing i had to replace, it took me longer then it would now. it took about 3 hours, mostly because i took a lot of unnecassary stuff off, but the water pump is only about 30 dollars, and you might want to replace the belt while you are changing out the water pump, just remeber to tension it back up after you are done, and enjoy.

k-roy
08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
It sounds like the bearings in the pump are bad. You should read my howto. It took me about an hour. Its probably not as hard as you think. If you have any problems feel free to send me a PM
Water pump howto (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31199)