PDA

View Full Version : best Piping

87RedAccord
08-01-2004, 07:32 PM
hey just wondering what the best pipe u can use for a cai to keep heat out and reduce it warming up?? :dunno:

AccordAddict
08-01-2004, 07:40 PM
? if your making a custom one, just use PVC pipe and wrap that heat resistant foil around it.

Vanilla Sky
08-01-2004, 08:07 PM
use CPVC... it's heat resistant to like 600(F) degrees

88accordhb
08-01-2004, 08:14 PM
crack pipe.

no...wat they said above. ^^^^ lol

AccordEpicenter
08-01-2004, 08:41 PM
either pvc or stainless steel.... no aluminum it conducts way too much heat. Mild steel is better than aluminum.

Vanilla Sky
08-01-2004, 08:57 PM
again... not PVC... CPVC... there IS a difference... PVC isn't that heat tolerant (can't even use it for hot water lines in your house)... using regular PVC pipe in an engine bay may result in burnination of your accord, thus is highly frowned upon in our community...

shepherd79
08-02-2004, 03:31 AM
you all crack heads, why using plastic?
the smallest CPVC or PVC pipe that can be used you can find is 2".
i would say go with 2.5" mendrel bend exhaust pipes. that is what i did and it turned out good.

87RedAccord
08-02-2004, 05:52 AM
i think i go with what sheperd 79 said.. sounds the best and he knows allot from reading all the posts..

Vanilla Sky
08-02-2004, 01:57 PM
hmm... i don't know what store you're shopping at, but down here you can get both PVC and CPVC in sizes up to 4" in diameter, sometimes even bigger...

86LXItooFAST4me
08-02-2004, 02:08 PM
again... not PVC... CPVC... there IS a difference... PVC isn't that heat tolerant (can't even use it for hot water lines in your house)... using regular PVC pipe in an engine bay may result in burnination of your accord, thus is highly frowned upon in our community...

hahahaha, he said "burnination" :rockon:

zero.counter
08-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Polyvinylchloride is not something you want burning. Just use some heat wrap on the aluminum one if you have it. Costs about $20 shipped from jegs...

A20A1
08-02-2004, 02:57 PM
This is if you have a cold air intake, it won't work on a short ram...

get some header wrap and wrap the pipe from filter to Throttle body... you can overlap the strips more then it says on the packaging, main thing to do though is to make sure you wrap under any of the the pipe connecters... that way the connector doesn't contact the metal... and make sure the metal from the intake pipe doesn't touch the TB, use a thick rubber connector instead of those dinky ones you get at the auto store...

also when you wrap, don't wrap and leave the end of the strip under the connector, instead wrap to the edge of the pipe and then go back over and wrap the other way and use a metal hose clamp to hold the wrap down... don't use the connector to secure the wrap since that isn't it's job and chances are the wrap may come undone.

This isn't an appearance mod, so don't expect it to look kewl, it's ment to work.

Bloodlust
08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
you all crack heads, why using plastic?
the smallest CPVC or PVC pipe that can be used you can find is 2".
i would say go with 2.5" mendrel bend exhaust pipes. that is what i did and it turned out good.

I completely agree with you 100% Alex. Why would someone use plastic for piping? Are they asking to get poisoned or what? Mandrel bent owns all. I would recommend 2.25" if you dont plan on turboing someday, and 2.5" if you do.

SteveDX89
08-02-2004, 03:27 PM
I completely agree with you 100% Alex. Why would someone use plastic for piping? Are they asking to get poisoned or what? Mandrel bent owns all. I would recommend 2.25" if you dont plan on turboing someday, and 2.5" if you do.

Dude, your talking about exhaust. For an intake, you want 2.5" if you're staying NA. Once you go turbo, step it up to 3".

Vanilla Sky
08-02-2004, 06:03 PM
actually, look at what the stock one is... it's ABS...