PDA

View Full Version : Fans not working now?..?..?

AccordAddict
08-01-2004, 09:01 PM
I just noticed the other day that my fans are not working anymore for some reason, it all happened when i was waiting for 20 minutes in a line at the drag way and cut my car off so the fans can run and cool it down but they didnt. and they havent cut on since. what do i do??? PLEASE! HELP! HELP!!!! :sadwave:

tatmark1
08-01-2004, 09:37 PM
check coolant level, fans wont come on if that sensorr doent have coolant to sense,

AccordAddict
08-01-2004, 10:12 PM
hmm ok, thanks. ill check in the morning.

Mac
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
If the coolant level is good, there is a few other things you can check. Do you have A/C and does it work? If so turn it on and see if the fans come on. If they do your relays are good.

Does the fans come on if it idles a long time? Does it overheat?

Next disconnect the plug on the temp sensor in the radiator and jumper out the two contacts in the plug. Turn the key on and see if fan comes on. If it does, theres a good chance that sensor is bad.

You can do the same thing with the temp sensor on the engine.

Vinny
08-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Fans wont come on with the car off, if thats what you meant when you said "cut my car off so the fans can run and cool it down "

zero.counter
08-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Fans wont come on with the car off, if thats what you meant when you said "cut my car off so the fans can run and cool it down "
Actually, they will, as long as the temperature sensor is within normal specs, the fans are within normal operating parameters and the key is turned to accessory, the fans will power on if need be.

Mac
08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
I just read your other post on this. Why didn't you just continue this there? I don't understand why you think you have to turn off the car to get your fans to come on. If the coolant temp gets hot enough while the car is running the fans should come on. Anyway it sounds like you have a cooling problem. In the other post early replies told you to check the thermstat. Did you check it? Before you go rewiring the temp switch you should try to find out what is wrong and fix it right. Most things in the cooling system are easy to check and easy to fix.

zero.counter
08-02-2004, 04:10 PM
I just read your other post on this. Why didn't you just continue this there? I don't understand why you think you have to turn off the car to get your fans to come on. If the coolant temp gets hot enough while the car is running the fans should come on. Anyway it sounds like you have a cooling problem. In the other post early replies told you to check the thermstat. Did you check it? Before you go rewiring the temp switch you should try to find out what is wrong and fix it right. Most things in the cooling system are easy to check and easy to fix.
Good call MAC! Sometimes people are intimidated by cooling system procedures and may think the thermostat is something difficult. I don't know if that is this case, but if it is, I am more than willing to assist him in his endeavors! :)

Mac
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Zero I know you are willing to help. I read his other post and you were right there and right on the money. You gave him good advice.

SharkyX
08-02-2004, 04:32 PM
i dont think the fans on Sabz car have worked in 2 years i think he said lol

zero.counter
08-02-2004, 04:41 PM
i dont think the fans on Sabz car have worked in 2 years i think he said lol
There are other conditions to consider besides the fans not working like ambient temperature, bad maintenance on the vehicle, etc. Sabz is not exactly ignorant you know. We do know that he is knowledgeable...

:)

AccordAddict
08-02-2004, 06:35 PM
yeah i know, i thought i was done with the other post. sorry. anyways i check the relay its good, i checked fuses and one was blown, replaced it. put more coolant in also. i took the car for a spin, after 5 mins of driving, cut the car off and the fans didnt come on. but i guess that wasnt enough time or the temp was still low, so in the future when im out driving alot and it still doesnt work, ill post lol. or im thinking of making a switch to cut the fans on and off. if something is wrong like it is now, and i make a switch, will it still work when i switch it on or do i have to fix the problem and then make the switch?