PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Bigmaxxin
08-02-2004, 12:26 AM
first of all i did a search, and found some information, but i still have one concern. sometimes when i am driving when it is hot, or running for a long time, the overflow bottle bubbles, and as a result gets rid of some coolant, it used to be a lot more, it is getting less, but it still does it. my temp gauge never goes above halfway, so is it "bleeding" itself? or is it something more serious?

k-roy
08-02-2004, 12:32 AM
If I were you I would be concerned. You should at least flush and fill the coolant and replace the thermosat. Also check over the hoses to make sure that ther is no air getting in there. ALso check the howto section on how to bleed the air out of the system. If that does not fix it try replaceing the water pump. I got one for $26 from advance auto and it took about an hour to install. I made a howto for that.

Flush $5, New coolant $8, thermostat & gasket $8, Water pump $26. Total cost: ~$47.

Good luck.

ivanfbi
08-02-2004, 12:34 AM
As far as i know, if you give much stress to the car, and AC is working, this is a common problem on many cars, (i had it on my Volvos...on many of them, and I owned a lot of them)