PDA

View Full Version : New tranny or New 3Gee????

sporkHSP
08-02-2004, 12:26 AM
actually im doing both, my car is in the garage getting swapped and im buying another 3gee off of user N3masis (he doesnt post). Its a blue 86 LXi Hatch that needs some TLC, but im pickin it up for $300 so its all good

MIK3
08-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Good deal man. Well, I was going to say, if you still had the dilema to fixed up the tranny. I got my tranny rebuilt as well as my carburetor rebuilt for like $2000. I couldn't be more happier with my car right now.

AccordAddict
08-02-2004, 08:14 PM
im iin the same situation. i wanna do a 5 speed swap but for the price i could just go buy another 3gee that is already 5 speed.

sporkHSP
08-03-2004, 01:18 PM
haha, i just need to bolt the 5speed on and my accord will be a 5speed, AND pay the guy the remaining fee for the LXi hatch ($200) and i will own that too... well actually my girlfriend will technically own it as i will be giving it to her to protect it from my parents; but its mine if something happens between us (itll be in writing before the car is put in her name)

the hatch is a HUGE Bondo and Primer project, but it runs well. ill get pics and post them for everyones enjoyment/astonishment

AccordEpicenter
08-03-2004, 01:21 PM
yeah swapping trannies in the accord is fast, i needed to swap my 5 speed for another 5 speed i could probably do it on jack stands in my driveway in less than 2.5 hours.

sporkHSP
08-03-2004, 01:29 PM
ehhh, plan on at least a full day if your using jackstands, itll take you a few hours to pull the 5speed probably, then you should change the clutch too while your in there. there just isnt aton of room under the car if its on jackstands

AccordAddict
08-03-2004, 02:39 PM
I wish i knew how to do a 5 speed swap without fucking up something. i called some honda transmission shops and they said they wont do a swap for me.