PDA

View Full Version : JDM climate control..will it fit??

Micah 89LXi
08-02-2004, 11:56 PM
im about to get this JDM climate control of an 89 accord CB1...will this plug into my wiring harness for my current climate control?..helpo..i must buy within 6 hours??

shepherd79
08-03-2004, 03:18 AM
it will fit, but i think you will need more than just controls. you will need at least some kind computer to control it.
i was going to buy it, but i backed off when i found out that it may have problems.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-03-2004, 05:15 AM
Since the Accords have a cable actuated coolant valve in the A/C system, there definitely has to be something other than the climate control panel for A/C control. I am guessing that maybe Honda used an electronic valve on the climate control version instead. The rest of the functions(other than closing/opening vents) are electric, and shouldn't require extra hardware. Just my thoughts though.

P.S.: Were you looking at the fully computerized climate control? I searched on EBAY, and only found 4th generation controls which were listed for 1989. Being JDM, they were offered a year earlier. And they were mechanical so they could still use the cable for the coolant valve.

Micah 89LXi
08-03-2004, 09:28 AM
it was a 4th gen unit..i realized after some research..i didnt buy it...it looked as if it might be more of a pain than what its worth just to look different..so i said forget it

Micah 89LXi
08-03-2004, 09:29 AM
just search 89 JDM climate control..on ebsy..it has the cables and valves...but would it matter for it being right hand drive..would that make things in different places?...i also wondered that..oh well off to work for me

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Even if you do find 3rd gen JDM controls, trust me when I say it's NOT a project you'd want to tackle unless you have the entire car to source parts off of (yea right, heh). I work on cars with electronic automatic temperature control every day, and believe me the control head is only a very small part of the entire EATC sytem. Besides the control head, there's a module, wiring, blend door actuators and potentiometers, recirc door actuators and potentiometers, ambient air temp sensors, cabin air temp sensors, post evap temp sensors, possibly a sunload sensor, aspirator tube, blower speed controller (to replace the resistor type), etc. It's a whoooole other thing, LOL.

Micah 89LXi
08-05-2004, 07:24 PM
:0

AccordEpicenter
08-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Even if you do find 3rd gen JDM controls, trust me when I say it's NOT a project you'd want to tackle unless you have the entire car to source parts off of (yea right, heh). I work on cars with electronic automatic temperature control every day, and believe me the control head is only a very small part of the entire EATC sytem. Besides the control head, there's a module, wiring, blend door actuators and potentiometers, recirc door actuators and potentiometers, ambient air temp sensors, cabin air temp sensors, post evap temp sensors, possibly a sunload sensor, aspirator tube, blower speed controller (to replace the resistor type), etc. It's a whoooole other thing, LOL.

yeah lotsa different stuff here... JDM stuff can be way different