PDA

View Full Version : Possible to remount headlights ????

B20A Speed
07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
I was wondering if there was a way of ermounting the headlights to a different position to free up the Flipup part. I know the lights have to be at a certain angle or height to cast the light a set distance and light up a set area to be legal. Im looking at a custom body kit down the line a bit and was wondering if there was a position to mount the lights to still be legal. i want the flipup parts to be 2 cold air baxes for my intake, flip them up to race and force the air straight in, also want to segment a little to direct air onto brakes. I figure by removing the lights and letting air run straight in and through it would eliminate the loss in aerodynamics caused by the lights blocking the air flow. Any ideas????

AZmike
07-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Unless you're going to be track racing (not drag racing) I doubt you'll notice much of any reduction in fade with the air directed to the brakes.

For the CAI why not just add a scoop on the hood that sends the air directly into the filter (or under the hood right next to where your filter is, depending on how you set up the air cleaner). It would be smaller, lighter, and probably a lot simper to set up and just as effective. There higher pressure near the rear of the hood the same way there is higher pressure in front near the head lights. I've got a jpg of the pessure distribution if you want it. Sorry, I can't post it myself.

markmdz89hatch
07-23-2002, 04:36 AM
89lxi4dr--> I'm interested in seeing that. Can you e-mail me that jpg.? [email protected]

AZmike
07-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Sent.

Now that I look at it again the pressure isn't near as high near the rear of the hood as it is in the front. I guess that's why real cold air intakes pull the air from there. I did take a closer look at my car's frame through. It would take a lot of cutting to get any sort of air flow from the head light covers. There are only a few wire wire pass-throughs on my 89.

markmdz89hatch
07-23-2002, 10:08 AM
after looking at that pressure dist. pic, I now see why my windshield gets the ever living sh*t beaten out of it.

B20A Speed
07-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Just a thought. Im looking at turning the Accord to the drag strip in a year or so and am looking for optimum engine conditions (best airflow i can manage) which might justify any hard chasis mod's. I would have liked to remount the lights and keep it road legal but it doesn't look like I can. When I take it off the road, mabey I'll be able to sort something out without any worries about light placement.. Just thouhght it would be a cool feeling fliping up the light switch to race mode in a street race. Looks like i'll have to save it for the strip.